PDA

View Full Version : Missing in 4th gear

b58roy
02-28-2002, 17:14
New member and have been reading this forum for about a year. I have not seen any reports on the problem I am having. My D/A misses in 4th gear between 50 mpr and 65 mpr with the engine warm. Does not do it when engine is cold. Anyone have any ideas. :confused:

mackin
02-28-2002, 20:26
what temp? You say warm at operating temps?I believe it is temp. related. Torque converter will not lock up till 175 degrees.There was just a thread on this subject. try the search feature.
MAC

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]
This must be a forum problem I did not post this responce on this topic makes no sence?????????? I posted this on a not shifting into ....thread?

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Posseman
04-02-2002, 16:09
I have 3600 miles on my D/A and I have a miss in 5th when I accelerate from 1500rpm just hard enough that the trans. doesn't shift down. When I had it in to be checked out the dealer couldn't detect it. Dealer told me it was susupension and to load 700-800 lbs of weight in the back and try it. Doesn't make sense to me? I have asked about this two different times on this forum and had no real response. Guess no one has any experience with this problem. Kind of gave up and decided that I would just have to drive it till it gets worse or dies, however everytime I drive it I begin to think about what I should have bought. I drove a Ford for 30 years. I like this truck and the power and the ride. I am looking forward to a trouble free experience. Can anyone help?

Amianthus
04-03-2002, 10:41
I'm gonna guess that you've had hard starting problems in the past also. Or that you've had to re-prime the thing several times. If that's the case, I'd guess that you're getting air into the fuel and that's causing your miss. If that's not it, it could be a number of electronic guizmos (TPS, MAP, CPS, etc.). You'd need more guidance for those.