PDA

View Full Version : VA Box and JUICE Can I Stack?

ford2chevy
05-31-2002, 08:08
I now have both. Has anyone tried stacking them. If not, thats my project tomorrow. I think they are similar in power. In fact, I cannot really tell a difference, both accelerate excellent. I do see a little smoke from the Juice, but not much. Both would procduce a rocket.

Kennedy
05-31-2002, 09:00
No they will not. You can try it, but the timing changes on the VA are VERY aggressive, and it seems that it pushes things over the edge (pun intended) OR it may be that it just fuels too hard as well.

I have stacked the TTS reflash with the VA (see sig) and it ran VERY strong. I am quite certain that the resultant dyno numbers, were in fact low due to tire slippage on the rollers as they sure slipped nicely on the asphalt :D

Brad Pelot
05-31-2002, 10:32
A very close friend of mine has stacked the VA with the Juice, and four inch exhaust with excellent results (although I'm not sure it's a good idea). It is "extremely" fast. It is actually faster with the edge on high and the VA on the 30 horse setting, rather than both on high. This could be due to defueling upon trannsmission slippage, but I don't really know. This pickup accelerates faster than just about any pickup I have ever been in. He has beat everything he has raced.

Kennedy
05-31-2002, 11:34
The proper way would be to pull the timing off of the VA box OR use the Duramaximizer...

OR the early Edge w/o timing...

ford2chevy
06-03-2002, 07:51
I stacked this weekend. Talk about fast! I'm still playing with the settings to see which is the best. I did set a code with the VA on 35hp and juice on setting 3. It smokes a little more but is a lot faster. Its hard to tell which settings are the best by seat of the pants.

Kennedy
06-03-2002, 07:55
Im not sure what version of the Edge you have, but if it has timing changes in it, you are asking for trouble. The VA has about as much timing (and maybe more) as is practical.

The little bit that I tried, I aborted the run and took off the VA box as it really does not sound right, and of course, the codes are another thing. It would be interesting to see what codes were set...

ford2chevy
06-03-2002, 08:57
I'm not real sure. The SES was no longer on Sunday morning. It did sound a bit different like pilot injection turning off, but not quite that loud. If it was dangerous, wouldn't it set a code on the 70hp setting with the juice set at 90hp? I've tried every setting, starting from full power of both and came down to 30 for the VA and setting 3 on the juice and this is the only one that set a code. I've ran each on multiple times.

Brad Pelot
06-03-2002, 10:41
My friend has ran this setup only on level 4 with the VA turned up and down (Still don't know if it's a good idea), with no codes set at all. He has gauges, temps are OK. All of these runs are short acceleration runs, the longest being to the speed limiter.
Against an edge only d-max he gets them by about 8 lenghths to 90mph.
JK:
What are the possible problems with this setup? Given the fact that he is watching temps.

Kennedy
06-03-2002, 10:55
To me, (remember my individualistic engines comment) it sounds like the engine is VERY unhappy with the amount of timing given.

I also think we need more air.

Fact of the matter is, the effects of the VA style box are dramatically increased with additional pulse width. With the Edge being the most aggressive box on the market currently, the Dmax IMHO, is being overwhelmed.

My choices (DON'T try this at home) would be Juice/Amp with the Duramaximizer, or the TTS reflash with the VA box which is what I ran at BD...

Brad Pelot
06-03-2002, 11:54
The TTS reflash?
How would one obtain this reflash? Your knowledge and time is apprieciated.