PDA

View Full Version : Juice box + Towing=???

RWHP
05-31-2002, 11:38
Guys I figure enough of you have these boxes on your trucks to give back some real world information on the subject. So please share your good/bad experiences and dont hold back. Please include mpg and codes if any. And how big your tow was, with what setting you were in.

motovet
05-31-2002, 13:29
RWHP, This has been covered some by myself and others on some other posts, you will see them. But to hone my typing skills I will Cover the important points again. IT IS GOOD!! Towing 10.000# with level 2 tow/haul there is power to spare. You will not be left wanting more, OR should'nt. Towing in the mountains the tranny held O.D. in most situations and 4th on the steepest grades... NO 3RD!! I pulled Snoqualmie pass in O.D.!! All the situations that required a downshift in stock trim is a thing of the past. The Juice IS THE answer for the anoying downshift that occured at every bump. Mpg's on this mountain tow was 11.5 wich beats the best I have seen towing in any conditions. Am I happy?... Oh yeah! Is there a dowside?... well I would say be very carefull when towing with this set up on wet pavement, she will break loose even at speed. Will also add the highest EGT I saw was 1250.

MAXed Out
05-31-2002, 14:29
MOTOVET,

Are you still planning a trip to Reno in June? If so, I want to hook up and check out your rig.

motovet
05-31-2002, 17:21
Maxedout, Yes our trip is confirmed. We will be staying in Carson City at the Pinon Plaza RV park 6/22-6/28. My e-mail is motovet@techline.com. We can exchange some info prior to our trip.

mackin
06-01-2002, 10:29
Isn't "dragracer" a member here ..........?

Maybe you guys , ladies seen this maybe not ..... For your (RE) view ........ Last post .........
==>http://www.xmission.com/~brimhall/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cf8f4301364ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=6;hl =new

Impresive .....

MAC :D

Mark A
06-01-2002, 18:30
I just pulled my skid-steer loaders about an hour with my 4-door Duramax 3/4 ton in level 1 and it was awesome! I was pulling a 25' gooseneck with two 8,000lbs bobcats. I tipped the scales at 30,000lbs. It was like it wasn't even there. The egt's were about 1300 going up a couple of hills at about 28lbs of boost. And it never had to downshift. The trans had some fish-bites though but not enough to bother me. I love these trucks.

pinehill
06-01-2002, 21:10
Mark A,

While you were pulling up those hills, how fast were you going, in what gear, and what was the air temperature that day?

Mark A
06-06-2002, 16:42
pulled the hills @ 85 and it was probably somewhere between 85 and 90 degrees and in 5th gear.