PDA

View Full Version : One experience with "large distributors"...

alamovet
05-31-2002, 23:13
Last December I received one of the first Van AAken boxes. It worked well for a while, but eventually I had problems with it and sent it back to the "large distributor," (certified, return receipt requested and insured)for the new wiring harness that was supposed to be the fix.

Two months later I had not heard anything back from the "large distributor" and called to check on my warranty claim. After being transferred about three times I was finally connected with someone in warranty who was supposed to be familiar with my RA# (return authorization number). I soon realized that they had no clue about my returned box and had not begun any efforts to send me the new harness, nor to notify me via e-mail, regular mail, telephone, etc., that they had in fact received my package.

The "warranty person" told me that they had been shipping the new harnesses, and didn't know why I hadn't gotten mine yet. However, I should get the new box/harness any day now.

Another month went by and I still had not heard, nor gotten anything from the "large distributor." By that time I had heard about all the fuel leaks that may or may not be associated with the VA box. I therefore called the "warranty person" again and requested that I be sent an Edge box and charged the difference (I had my VA box less than thirty days before it sat at their wherehouse for over two months, so I was still eligible for refund or credit).

I was assured that there would be no problem and should be getting my Edge box very shortly. Another couple of weeks went by and no word from the "large distributor." So, I called again and was told that to get me out of his (the "warranty person")hair, they were going to credit my Visa the amount of the VA box, and charge me for the Edge box when my number (supposedly below 100)came to be shipped. It has now been another two months and guess what? No word from the "large distributor," no credit to my Visa, no VA box, and of course, no Edge box.

Because they are a "large distributor," I have no doubt that I'll eventually get some sort of resolution to this matter, as I haven't gotten really mad yet. To make matters worse, the person that I've been talking to on the phone for the last five months no longer works in the same part of the "warranty division," and now I have to go through this nightmare again.

After another frustrating call to the you know, "large distributor," I called JK and received my Edge box, literally the next day.

Just a thought when you are deciding where to purchase your add-ons.

stillracing
06-01-2002, 06:37
I to had been looking for the elusive Edge Juice upgrade all over. I to contacted John Kennedy who treated me as an old friend and had the Edge dropped shipped from Uath to California saving me days of waiting.

John also states he hopes to offer the upgrades as they become available.

PS I really enjoy my Juice upgrade and think the conformation program is very cool, it tells you what level you are in with the # revs of the engine.

Good Luck