PDA

View Full Version : Anyone installed Banks Stinger Kit?

DmaxCC6spd
03-10-2003, 11:16
I'm thinking of adding some power to my truck and have been watching the latest addition of "power boxes" that automatically reduce the additional power based on EGT. I like this no-brainer approach. I'm waiting on the Egde products next product due out this month before making a decision.
It seems that all the products offer different "power levels" except the Banks. Any thoughts on this?
Any thoughts on this next generation of power adder?

Cowboy_120
03-10-2003, 18:35
I just talked to Barry at Banks today, and the system sounds good, except for the fact that you cannot change the power levels. maybe less to go wrong?
The price is not bad, considering I will get more in the package for about the same price if i was to buy the juice and then buy the guages and the exhaust. at least you get the waste gate and the air filter too. I would like to know more about the electronic system, and I saw the control panel, I want to see what it offers. I am going to phone him back tomorrow. Anyone else out there have the system yet?

Cowboy_120
03-12-2003, 18:57
Just to let you know 6speed, I have ordered the stinger system, so I will let you know what I think when I install it. It will probably be a couple of weeks since I am having it shipped to Michigan, and then I am driving across the border to pick it up.

I will keep you posted.

DmaxCC6spd
03-13-2003, 10:51
Good luck Cowboy. I'd love to hear how it goes and how the truck GOES! While other boxes may make more power, I don't need to pull a mountain at 95+mph, so the conservative (read less potential of damage to truck) Banks product may be the way to go.

Keep us posted!

schnier
03-13-2003, 11:29
Spen, send me an e-mail at schnier@rajones(dot)com......