PDA

View Full Version : Retrospect..... My Typical Luck

thechevyhdman
03-11-2003, 03:13
Eh, its just my typical luck to be one of 10 people, out of thousands whom are unfortunate to encounter a Juice problem. I sprayed my MAF today(mist bottle filled with water) just hoping it would screw upto put the blame on that. Nothing. Wipers =Nothing.

I cannot solve this GD mystery. I am totally offering Juice to take my truck and go through it to find out the problems. It has go to be something that rain/humidity causes. I spoke to Juice today and they were more than willing to help figure this out with me. Something is telling something else to dump fuel, change timing or some other SOB thing. Im looking at my truck every day trying to solve this.I see two grounding straps near my wiper motor....humm one comes close to the engine block maybe thats an issue. My service manager is thinking new Inj. pump. Im thinking everything. TPS whatever it is I do NOT think its wet connectors. Im starting to think now that it takes a while for this start happening after recieving a new Juice box....maybe its some electrical problem that takes time.

WHY GOD WHY ME. My life is like Martin Short in Pure Luck the one that sits in the only broken chair out of 100 to chose from. Or the one at the beach in a 1 out of a million spot to get pooped on by a passing seagull.
Im hoping it rains soon because Im grabbing the T2 from my dealer and gonna snapshot it when it happens.......But knowing my luck it wont happen until I leave the dealership and T2 is back hanging on the Service Managers wall. Whatever it is It seems like I was the first to have this problem April 2001. If I could take a week off Id leave for Utah right now and head straight non stop till Im in the EDGE parking lot. Heck its always raining out there.
I think Id have better luck with this by having the local church perform an exorcism on my truck.....Or giving it a bath with holy water. Someone can help narrow this down, maybe someone who knows alot about these trucks. Maybe even a "Diesel GOD" HINT HINT maybe with the first name John :D :D .(not the baptist)
Im outta options here. Juice called me today with somethings to try out for them(they cant replicate ay problems like this in their DMAX) Unfortunately I missed their call. Maybe my K&N is getting so inendated with water it cant flow enough air to burn fuel....doubt it......Figures no rain in sight this week.....Guess I will have to do some rain dances
PS this thread was written for pure enjoyment of you basterds that dont have Juice problems tongue.gif tongue.gif Need some ideas......My next idea involves the letters GMC, numbers 03' and the number 40, followed by a few others money im not willing to spend.......Just when Im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel too :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:
I need a beer
Bill
PSS dont worry Im not ready yet to be a kamikaze driver crashing a 02' dmax into a rockwall BUT JC GOD WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME
Wow I feel alot better now

FirstDiesel
03-11-2003, 05:32
I see besides the Juice you have other mods. Good logical troubleshooting would start by eliminating things that are not stock. Why not unplug wastegate and reinstall the stock airbox as a start and see what happens.

mackin
03-11-2003, 05:36
Who was running along side at highway speeds??Or did you hook up a remote control sprayer?? :eek:

Could be worse, might of bought a 6 liter with Blue oval attached..... :eek:
Just think of the prayers going on at that camp....."Why me" PFFT that's nuttin.....

Has to be Juiced related, working so intermediately and only when installed...... To rule out timing-fuel as a cause, have you tried the "0" level ?? Have Edge send you a non timing 4.3 ......Process of Elimination.... Tell them to ship it overnight may get some precip Thursday.....Hop to it "Bro"....Wifey gave me your message you rang some 7 hr. later, great secretary.....If it weren't for the, never mind, hot meals, get your mind out of the gutter,she'd get fired......

MAC

:D :D :D

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

thechevyhdman
03-11-2003, 12:04
Juice was my first modification. So it leaves out any other possible problems. Im waiting on Juice to send me a 4.3 box as we speak. They claim only 5 hp difference between timing and non timing boxes. Actually that reminds me I have to call them back.....lets see what they have to say. Later Bill

thechevyhdman
03-11-2003, 12:53
Juice is going to send me a box with its own seperate external ground (v4.3X) Hopefully they will get it to me by Thursday, next day of rain....guess my rain dance worked. Either way truck is getting hooked with T2 to take a snapshot with 4.61 in place Still thinking of a 03' GMC :D

Brandenburg
03-12-2003, 18:10
Hopefully the modified box will solve the problem. We had a wet snow here this afternoon and while cruising down the freeway, truck lost power again, couldn't keep up with traffic, noisey like PI was shut off, had to pull over, took the juice off, restarted, and all was fine, definately either caused by juice or a truck problem amplified by juice.