PDA

View Full Version : still no brake lights

barebackjake
03-14-2004, 20:14
im tearing my hair out on this one, does anybody have a wirting diagram for this? im about to just make my own system. Fuses good, brake switch working, relay working, lamps good, hazards and turn signals work, about to drive it off a cliff and get the freightliner stepvan i want.
everything is all taped up and im just trying to avoid un wrapping everything and spending a ton of time on it.

thanks
jake

Don H
03-15-2004, 04:45
I had no Brake lights or Tail lights on mine till i was pulled over one night. He was nice and let me go, but straight home. Everything worked fine inside, the problem was in the trailer plug. I replaced with new receptical and it work good now.

tom.mcinerney
03-15-2004, 07:46
Jake , the suggestions at the other post know more than me. Why not goto local dealer and get a copy of the wiring harness for that vehicle, or call dealer service dept and ask for key component locations, as relay...

lineman
03-15-2004, 10:12
Barebackjake, I had the same problem as you and Don H. My problem was in the trailer plug like Don H.I hope this helps. Lineman

rjwest
03-15-2004, 13:05
I had this problem on a 93 chevy,
Was in the 4 way Flasher area ????

I found brake wire coming down from Column
and jumpered it to the output of brake sw...
Worked ok, left it that way

NO Hazards though.

panchosteam
03-15-2004, 20:06
Hi guys, i believe another thing involved will be the signal lights handle (or switch)going to the back under the truck there is a wire loom that has like four or five wires, brown,green,yellow and light green? any way that is another place where you can check for power, i believe the brake light wire goes up on the steering column on a connector that has like about ten wires (depending on year of your truck )this is for the older stile maybe till 94, any way the white wire from the brake sw goes right on this plug and if you have power going up the steering and not coming out the only thing bad is the left right signal light sw
good luck.

barebackjake
03-16-2004, 18:43
im just gonna set a couple more relays and bypass the old crap, turn signals work, hazards work, just no brake lights i hear a relay clickin in the dash when i touch the pedal but i dont thing im gonna get my self into that disaster zone. stealership has been no help, they will gladly fix the problem but wont help with wiring diagram or relay locations

Gapper_ca
03-17-2004, 08:58
I had lost my brake lights but had signals.
i found that i had a broken wire at the back of the truck at the conector were some one had Tee-d in a 4 wire conector for trailer. if you look up at the bumper to the right that is where it is on my truck. it was on eof those wires that had broken off very close to the quick connector. took some time but i managed to get it hooked up again. can also bypass the quick connect if you do not intend to use a T there for trailer wires, and instead use the actually wire harness up to the left of truck.