PDA

View Full Version : Evan's coolant

mackin
03-12-2003, 21:00
Who's running it??
=>http://www.evanscooling.com/html/trucks1.htm

I didn't know perhaps you guys did but Evan's is suing GM....Right in Waterbury, CT since they are a Sharon ,CT business ......

It was in the print today......I'll give some excerpts of the article....

John Evan's,owner of Evan's Cooling System Inc. will try and convince the judge that corporate giant GM stole a revolutional design for a car engine cooling system from him.....

GM hired him in the 1980s to work on prototypes for the Corvette and for Chevrolets racing program.....The amicable business relationship ended in 1994....Evan's sued the company, claiming GM swiped his design during a 1989 trip to company HQ in Detroit....GM claims the company developed the system, unveiled on the 1992 Corvette, first, before Evan's designed it....

Now the two former allies are dukeing it out in Waterbury Superior Court.....

The scene in the court room has been chaotic....Hundreds of boxes filled with notes and transcripts line both walls.....Car engines and engine blocks rest on dollies.....Each side has at least a half-dozen lawyers working on the case....At least for the next three weeks.....

I'm keeping Evan's lawyers names in my phone book,"if" he wins......

Hey can we expect this with a warranty denial with a Juice BOX ???? The Suit's are coming the Suit's are coming..... tongue.gif tongue.gif

MAC :D :D :D

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Black Dog
03-13-2003, 07:20
Must be the concept of reverse cooling a small block, as used in the LT1 engine.

matt-max
03-13-2003, 07:46
i run it in some of my motorcycles. started to use it in the race bikes because when spilled on the track it could be washed away with water, unlike traditional coolant which stayed on the track and is very slippery. but we are no longer allowed to run Evans on the track because the safety crews don't always have access to water to wash it away. now we are back to running distilled water with some water wetter in it.

evans works great though. no pressure needed, no mixing needed. but its $25 a gallon and you run it straight, no dilution.

interesting to see how he fares on this....

matt

RATDOC
03-13-2003, 12:40
The best and most practical use for Evans, in my opinion, is race/off road use. I don't believe that it would offer a significant enough difference in a daily driver for the average "Joe" to warrant its higher cost. Plus in the event of a breakdown, none would be readily available to use and then the whole cooling system drain/flush procedure would need to be repeated once the Evan's was reinstalled. But I CAN testify to its claims.......the stuff does work!!!
Tom