PDA

View Full Version : Additional Fuel Filtration = Additional Mileage?

56Nomad
03-13-2003, 19:13
On 03-07-2003 george morrison wrote:

george morrison
03-13-2003, 20:09
Fantastic! The affects of removing high ash, burn altering solids to the level you have done can be significant; especially with a very efficiently designed combusion zone. Which we have in our Duramax.
There is a company currently selling (at $1200 a copy) a device which passes the diesel fuel over rare earth metals to align ions enabling a more efficient burn. It works...
Now, if we remove NON burning/slow burning components from the burn, we go far beyond the ionic aligner. Burn efficiencies are greatly improved, ash by-products reduced; cleaner, faster, more optimum burns.
Looking forward to following...
George

pills
03-13-2003, 20:10
56NOMAD, what is your filter setup??

56Nomad
03-13-2003, 21:30
pills ............Pictures are at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/64740617IuEplR

I know it is hard to keep up with all the strings on this issue.
I used the Racor 600 set up as Ritchie Hays did as outlined in
his "Cleaner Fuel Racor 600 Series" feature article at:
http://www.thedieselpage.com/feature.htm

As with others, my concern is that this 2 micron pre OEM filter
is going to clog sooner than later :- (

I started this string to see if what George has outlined will be
repeated by any of us who are experimenting with this extra
filtration in place. Lets hope so.

Silver Bullet
03-13-2003, 22:30
Great news Nomad! I have started to follow this topic after realizing all the benefits. I like the idea of a pre-OEM filter add-on due to placement and ease of changing due to location. I am interested to see how the post-OEM filter design/placement turnout.

Coldfront
03-13-2003, 22:45
Just got my jk installed 2 micron filter my milage is definitly up I'll try and get better stats for ya! jim

[ 03-13-2003: Message edited by: Coldfront ]</p>

txguppy
03-14-2003, 16:57
56NOMAD, do you have a parts list for the filter setup you have, and a source on filters and filter housing and water separator. Did you use any "special" kind of hose? The rest of the fittings and bracket I can buy/fabricate myself.
Thanks in advance for any info.

txguppy

56Nomad
03-14-2003, 18:02
txguppy,

The assembly part # is 660R2
I used Parker hose and the fittings you can
get at any hose shop or good automotive
parts store.

For the assembly, I suggest you use the vendors that advertise on TDP:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm

They have the best deals and are most helpful with
these kinds of projects.

Hopefully this string will be dedicated to those who
have added secondary filtration (pre or post) to
report added mileage or NO difference.

Since JK's kit will probably be the most popular and easily installed,
let's hear some feedback from John's
customers as soon as they have some
numbers.

[ 03-14-2003: Message edited by: 56Nomad ]</p>

CONCORDMAX
03-15-2003, 23:58
txguppy

I talked with greg at amzoil yesterday at lenght. I was impressed at how he took the time to talk with me about the new duramax and all the fuel filter talk. He believe's that going with the racor 2 micron pre oem is the way to go. He is in the process of putting together a total package Hoses, fittings, bracket,filter and filter head. He thinks it will be around 140 to 150 bucks. I like the idea of putting it under the truck, it would be easy to change. I was looking under the hood today, I know folks have been putting the filter there but it sure looks cramped to me. As for the 2 micron plugging up sooner, who cares filters are cheap compared to injectors and pumps. Just my two cents. :cool: