PDA

View Full Version : Black smoke after Juice reinstall

MountainMax
06-27-2003, 17:28
I've been using reg. Juice on 4 for some time now. The only towing I've done is a small boat or a small camper on 2. This last week I've been helping move lumber with a 40' gooseneck. The guy that owns the trailer (airline pilot) is much more familiar with a trailer that length so I've been letting him drive. Out of an abundance of caution in case either of us forgot to set it in tow-haul mode, I just disconnected the box. The gvw probably hit 25k. This was in the Texas heat. I reconnected the box and reprogrammed it to level 4. I am now experiencing HEAVY black smoke on hard accelleration. This did not occur before. Any ideas?

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-27-2003, 20:16
Hey,

If you need to know it's normal, does the smoke look like the smoke in the picture link in my SIG????

GMC :D tongue.gif :eek:

Southard
06-27-2003, 20:39
Check to make sure that every wire is snapped completely in the back of each connector. It is very easy to not see one that is loose. I would try to pull each wire out of the connector's back side. If any of those wires are not making connections it can cause your problem.

MountainMax
06-28-2003, 00:17
Yeah it looks just like your smoke. I get a good puff when I first take off. Like I said, It didn't do it before. Why now? I guess I'm relieved to know I probably didn't fry anything.

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-28-2003, 05:34
Originally posted by GMC-2002-Dmax:
I have talked to others about the smoke. When the truck is loaded in a higher gear and it starts lugging under load I beleive the engine rpm and turbo are too slow to burn the fuel when running a box.

If you are towing without a box ask Maverick what he sees, I know he tows some serious loads behind his trucks ;) .

That smoke was for 2 seconds till the turbo spooled up. I was running Hot Juice L4 and the Predator stacked so it was a little excessive tongue.gif :eek: .

GMC smile.gif

mackin
06-28-2003, 09:42
Originally posted by MountainMax:
Yeah it looks just like your smoke. I get a good puff when I first take off. Like I said, It didn't do it before. Why now? I guess I'm relieved to know I probably didn't fry anything. You can get that much smoke from an Edge box alone ?? http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

What version ?? http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

I'll trade ya .....

Mac