PDA

View Full Version : Power Loader Lowdown????

heartbeatcanada
06-29-2003, 19:18
All right i've searched all day and read about every post about the Power Loader. What i want to know is who has used it, and how do you like it? Do you still have it......was it not what it was all cracked up to be........what has anybody stacked with it.........what were/are the pros, cons.... any dyno #s available just the reflash,stacked.....any custom higher programs out there......how does it compare to the Predator???????

Like i said i've researched and got mixed feelings on it, and non were too recent. I know the warranty issue and i don't really care. Thinking of ousting the Predator, if i get positive feedback. Da juice is pretty much welded in place, as i think it is gonna be stacked with the powerloader and dynomite ;) though tst has gotten my attention :eek:

I seen JK has used it quite a bit, and read some nice dyno #s and seen that the Powerloader was used as one of the stackers. Just wondering why we don't here about it???? All ya read about is the juice,predator and tst. Did i just answer my own question :confused: Don't get me wrong the Predator is worth its money, just seeing if the powerloader is just that little bit better(raised rev limiter). You all know what its like, gotta have more power. I know the tranny won't handle that much, but i think the tranny fairy might be stopping by soon, i hope.Thanks for the info. Later smile.gif

Burner
06-29-2003, 19:38
HBC...why don't ya put a "link" in for those who know not..... ;) :D

Burner-------> :D

king D
06-29-2003, 19:59
from rumors i hear a new power loader may be released in the near feature that will incorporate the pred and the powerloader ;) when can we expect to see one maybe real soon

mackin
06-29-2003, 20:00
The only issue with the "Power Loader" is the inability to remove for dealer service ......If you buy a single tune just imagine,the tech and his road test ..... :eek:

Alright so you got away with it the first time,first visit,they reflashed the ECM, but not the second and beyond .... The gig will be up IMO .....

They offer a ECM drop in with a no core return ,this would be my route I would take but it's a bit pricey .....Towing "maybe" an issue with power delivered ....

TTS (http://www.ttspowersystems.com/magazine.htm) PPE (http://www.pacificp.com/cgi-bin/cat/scan/fi=products/sp=results_tocart/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Duramax%20Power%20Chips/tf=description/va=banner_image%3d/va=banner_text%3d.html)

Mac :D :D :D

[ 06-29-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

king D
06-29-2003, 20:02
also the power loader stacked with a duramaxamizer is one of the best combos i have seen

mackin
06-29-2003, 20:04
Originally posted by king D:
also the power loader stacked with a duramaxamizer is one of the best combos i have seen Who reflashed your ECM ??? Or it wasn't your truck ??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

king D
06-29-2003, 20:06
my brother has the ppe,maxamizer and now the suncoast tranny

heartbeatcanada
06-29-2003, 21:36
King D Has your brother dynoed? And how soon is soon? I am lookin at openin the wallet up, pending on info from this thread, but would be pi$$ed if i didn't wait.

This is what i am talkin about. BD's duramax has the juice(not sure if hot) dynomite/vannaken and the tts reflash and is puttin down 463hp with a 13.6sec 100mph time the last i heard. Now i know we can get close if not almost same #s with other enhancers without the reflash, but that speed and rev limiter would be altered. BD stated that without the reflash it would be 10hp less. Now if the predator would and should do the same thing :confused: then the only thing you would be missin is the rev limiter bumped up, this i don't know and am callin all tts reflashers out to inform all.

I also see JKs #s and don't think i have seen what exactly he has stacked to get them :confused: not sure if that is a 2 or 3 stacker. If its 2 then i think i know the 2, but if its 3 then i'm thinking reflash as well :confused: Some of you probably have seen or read about black jets truck over at gmcdiesel, and see he has the juice+powerloader+injectors. I would imagine he has got to be puttin down some real decent numbers as well.

Like i said i looked at alot of posts and kept seeing good #s and higher powered trucks were running the powerloader, just wondering if i/we are overlooking something? If the predator can do the same thing other than rev limiter, then i might just hold on to it. I guess i'd like to see if somebodies done a comparision between the predator and powerloader? I assume the powerloader probably delivers the #s stated, as we all know the predator is coming up a little shy.

Over course like Mackin stated warranty might be a b!tch of a time, but the way i see it if your going this far with stacking+ tranny mod then, that warranty is pretty much out the window anyway, i'll ante up if i done broke the truck tongue.gif

King D any comparision notes between BD and Suncoast yet???? Looks like its gonna be BD for me. Trying to get all my facts and research in order as i think i'm gonna be placin an order to BD real soon :D :D Gotta start showing the other 2 brands whose king and whos the joker, right know they're the queens, but would like to bump them down alittle further down the food chain. Later smile.gif

DMAX Daddy
06-29-2003, 23:45
Kennedy Diesel sells them too.

I inquired about a Power Loader and got a 3 to 6 week delivery time from all sources.

Also PPE, last I looked, was charging $1295 where JK and TTS were charging $895.

They also charge about $150 more for gauges. I may live in Southern Cal, but I do not make the cash to pay that much extra. :D

king D
06-30-2003, 04:48
heart beat no niether of us has been to the dyno.the main reason i believe bd went to the reflash was for speed limit,the extra rpms are nice but if your tranny makes its shifts crisp and effective then you dont really need the extra rpms to help with the shifts.for what it is worht on the phone with both ppe and jk i was told pretty much equal priceng but will take a while to get here butreally i think they are the same thing jk sells tts reflash and ppe sells them as well.as far as tranny comparisons havent made any yet,but i am happy in saying that i chose the tranny i did,bd was the best fit for my needs.the other powerloader how far off,hard to say but i hope to have a tester in the next 2 weeks we will see.jess

sdaver
06-30-2003, 05:00
hey king(jess) have you driven your brothers? How do the trannys compare...........with out a modified tranny stacking is futile......unless your gonna keep 5th locked out or nurse the 4/5 shift and then use about 1/2 pedal in 5.........the tst comp is beyond the fuel system limits for my truck. hot.xx and a 70 hp pressure runs good but the higher pressure settings cause the bursting (running out of fuel) like the tst comp. Steve Coles programing is first rate I just wish you could could return to stock..........Im now thinking lift pump and new filters setup. Been having some hard starts lately I think the fuel connections are sucking some air. Its mod naked this morning and going in to check all stock parameters before the new pump and filter assembly :D dave

Kennedy
06-30-2003, 08:15
Lead times have been more like 6-8 weeks.

I only run a 2 stacker, not 3. 1 pulse, 1 psi is all it takes. Injectors would be nice, BUT they haven't "matured" yet.

The PowerLoader would be a much better alternative IF it could be returned to stock. Since it will not, I suggest trying to locate a second ECM so it can be programmed, and swap back to stock when in need of service.

heartbeatcanada
06-30-2003, 13:51
JK don't know if you want to answer this, but here goes. Do you think that the Powerloader has better programming than the Predator other than the obvious stock tune?? I am thinking about injectors as well, but am holding off until next year when theres been more R&D and usage. Can you get the powerloader with a "custom higher tune"???

King D I will await to see what you have to say in a couple weeks, about the mystery mod :eek: Hopefully it won't be long as i'm itchin to order that tranny. Have you lined up against your brother? Just wondering how his set up works compared to your arsenal of mods smile.gif Later :D

king D
06-30-2003, 18:02
heart beat dont wait on my accounti am sure they will offer some kind of money back trial period go for it and give us all a report.the new download may take more time to release ,it will prob be a test model that i get and it will be strictly for r and d when used inperformance situations.also no line ups yet as right now i am almost naked pred on 0 tune and propane both my edge and va are in shipping and should be back home very soon.i did ride with him today very smooth shifts,seems to work well. he has only been doing 0-60 so far trying to get that worked out first.i am sure we will run before too long

[ 06-30-2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: king D ]