PDA

View Full Version : BD exhaust??

imported_
03-14-2003, 14:09
Does anyone have any feed back on their system. It is available locally for around $900.

Thanks

bearman
03-14-2003, 16:04
Hey Big Blue
If you get it let me know how it is, BD is generally good stuff. $900 sounds pretty cheap. Where are you getting it from? May have to make a trip to "Stoon"
Cheers
Bear

[ 03-14-2003: Message edited by: bearman ]</p>

imported_
03-14-2003, 17:02
Bearman

It is not stainless and looks fairly stout. 4" system with 5" ss tip. DSG out of Saskatoon. They are giving me really decent pricing on everything. (I think :rolleyes: ) I am really happy with the service and they do know alot about diesels. In town service is worth the extra $$ if I can get it. I've got the hot juice coming, and I am looking at exhaust. I think I am going to straight pipe for the summer when there is no need for high idle in the mornings. (to save my neighbors) And then make an exhaust decision in the fall.

TraceF
03-14-2003, 17:03
There is a Banks vs Kennedy thread in the 2500/3500 forum with 25 posts. I paid $575 for my Banks and it's SS.

HD Hauling
03-14-2003, 17:11
Call 1-800-934-3569 ask for Matt.
4" from down pipe all the way back.Muffler as MagnaFlow.
Life Time Warr. with original owner.
$480 but they had a sale on for $400 and half the shipping.
Called Pinnacle Power Exhaust from Jerry Jardine Engineering.
Have it sitting in the box in my garage,Waiting for it to warm up.
Only thing that I thinh could be better is the clamps.Went out and got band clamps other wise very good quality
Have a good day

imported_
03-14-2003, 17:13
Thanks TraceF,

I am following that post as well. I was quoted $600us for the banks plus $100 shipping and around $40 brokerage fee. Comes out to around $1100+tax canadian. I am not sure the SS on a diesel is worth the exrta $$. But that is why I am asking what people think of the BD system.

Cowboy_120
03-14-2003, 18:16
I was just wondering how easy the banks system is to install? Is there any welding neccesaary, or is it all bolt on? Can it be done by an amateur wrench head?
The reason I ask is that I am having it shipped to family in the states, and I would prefer to install it there before I bring it back across the border.

mackin
03-15-2003, 08:06
Cowboy_120

It's quite simple......

Few basic tools and a floor jack,soap or WD-40 and about an hour or so.....Patience to get the hangers out off rubber mounts.....PITA part......

For a driveway install:
What I did is remove right rear shock, jacked the right rear corner (frame) up with a short length of a six "x" six on the jack saddle so it looked like one of them twisted Mexican hydraulic low riding bouncers with one corner stuck up in the air.....

This gave me clearence between axle and body to unbolt flange and take the entire rear portion of exhaust off in one piece....

Front piece off down pipe has a V clamp that I found accessible thru the wheel well opening to loosen....

Install is simple, depending on your cab/bed configuration you may have to cut the Banks flange pipe...Instruction are good that came with exhaust.....

MAC :D :D :D

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Cowboy_120
03-15-2003, 08:19
Thanks for the info. I will do it when I am down there then.

motovet
03-15-2003, 11:59
Big Blue, The BD truck at the last rendezvous had one installed. Course it had the original Juice installed, so that was the focal point on the truck. I took one of the first test drives and was the first one at the counter to buy the evil drug(Juice). I did get pricing on the exhaust though because it looked and sounded good. When home I talked with a local shop who deals BD but did not sell their plumbing. When I asked why they told me the fit could be better...so I have what I have.Mackins method sounds good...or you can makea few pieces out of it...will cut down install time considerably!

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: motovet ]</p>