PDA

View Full Version : New Issue MT Truck Trends.......

mackin
12-07-2002, 21:12
Loaded with info.....

One article was about while GM is finishing up the touches on the Colorado and Canyon, Isuzu P/U were selling there fraternal twin, the D-Max,in record braking numbers, at a rate of 8000 units in the first six weeks, across Asia and Australia.....Noting they will enter the American market.....

Which D-Max motor is this any ideas?????

Interesting article on the EVRT turbo charger ......Owned by International......

Some info on the 6 speed transmission stated for release in 04 or 05 but with dismal max torque numbers 520......

Pull out advertisement on the new Ford...Pull it out, and start a fire with it,as I did......It is cold out, and it was handy.....

Speaking of Ford,Ford DOES NOT RECOMMEND an exhaust brake for the Power Stroke do to hydraulic lifters, with the added back pressure resulting in valve float which could result in valve-to-piston contact.....Any truth will this or does it apply to the "NEW" Power stroke???? Or only the retired Power Stroke???Isn't The 6.0 all ready out in the field in heavier application???? No exhaust brake allowed????

Last and surely not least, in all do respect, we have a celebrity amongst us ......As you say, nothing slips by me !!!!!! Congrats to you DMAX DIVA, for this Sought after Texan, and fine awesome looking Duramax truck,is in the READERS RIDE section.....I got to get my truck in there ,but I want the center fold spread .......

MAC

:D :D :D

[ 12-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

hoot
12-07-2002, 21:32
Mackin,

The Colorado and D-Max get the all aluminum inline GM gas engines that are used in the Trailblazer. The use of the D-Max name has nothing to do with our diesel.

I'm surprised you say the turbo is owned by Navistar. I thought it was a Garrett. Maybe Navistar owns Garrett?

pinehill
12-08-2002, 02:54
Garrett Engine Boosting Systems is a business within Honeywell International, Inc. It was formerly a part of Allied Signal, and, some time back, it was known as Garrett AirResearch. I had a professional relationship with them at that time.

mackin
12-08-2002, 08:38
hoot

Me too on the EVRT ......The mag says and I quote......

"Although the principle has been applied to some luxury and heavy-duty (over 8.0 liters) diesel engines, =&gt;International's Electronic Variable Responce Turbocharger (EVRT)on the 6.0-liter Power Stroke is the first use in a light truck application......."

Now the Mag could be wrong and I heard to it was Garrett ,I guess we'll have to wait for a correction if no one knows for sure......

It's the ISUZU pick-up with the DURAMAX engine not GM'S trucks.....Perhaps the inline six that most have been waiting for in the SUV market.....

MAC

On edit :This may be part of the Hand Shake between Ford and GM......You give us a tranny,we'll give you a turbo....LMAO......

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

hdmax(mike)
12-08-2002, 09:15
The Dmax is a truck not an engine. But Isuzu is using a diesel engine in the Dmax over seas. I really don`t think the diesel Dmax will be sold here for some time. (atleast 2 years)

As for the VR turbo, Ford does not own it in any way. They buy them just as GM will be buying them next year.

DMAXDiva
12-08-2002, 09:56
Mac:

Dangit, I haven't received my copy yet...guess the ex just won't forward it; can you say SOUR GRAPES? Hey, he's the one that wanted out...hope that new squeeze with the plastic udder keeps him happy!(too bad, so sad, HIS LOSS! tongue.gif ). Did I happen to mention that I'm thinkin' about a new black ZO6 for a divorce gift to myself???? Heck, it's Xmas after all!

Guess I'll gallop on over to the nearest news stand today...hope they have the new issue!

Thanks for the heads-up...I didn't really think they'd put me in there, but I was kickin' myself for not makin' the "ladie's rides" issue...guess I've been redeemed! :D :D :D

mackin
12-08-2002, 10:03
All Righty then =&gt;Garrett Model TP-38, Non-wastegated is it.....

Ok Mag is miss leading.....

The Isuzu MINI truck will have D-MAX badges???? Rot row....Must have a little four banger in it....Mike any info on engine ???? Just curious as what will come of it in GM as my wife is itching to trade in car we own.....Looking to hold out for a small diesel in a GM suv......

MAC

hdmax(mike)
12-08-2002, 10:30
Mac;

Here is alittle I found on Pickup.com
The D-Max has been engineered for commercial use in
Japan, Asia and Latin America and will not be imported to the USA and Canada, while Chevrolet's Colorado is engineered to meet the unique needs of North America as a midsize pickup for personal and light utility use.

Several significant differences between the Isuzu and Chevrolet
versions include:

Powertrains: The Colorado is expected to debut with engines from GM's Atlas family, including inline five (Vortec 3500) and four cylinder (Vortec 2800) motors. The D-Max offers 3.0-liter (120hp / 180 ft-lbs) and 2.5-liter (77hp / 130 ft-lbs) OHV inline four cylinder direct injection turbo diesel powerplants.
Wheelbases and other major dimensions
Cab configurations: The Colorado is expected to debut with three cab styles - regular, extended and crew cabs - while the D-Max is currently offering only standard and extended options.
Interiors: Both trucks have extremely different interiors. The D-Max is available with right or left hand drive.
Most exterior panels

We expect the Chevrolet Colorado to make its worldwide debut in January during the North American International Auto Show.

You can read more if you go there and look under the information on the Chevy Colorado.
And here is a link for some information.
http://www.sportruckworld.com/tenarticle.asp?sid=6&aid=130

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: hdmax(mike) ]</p>