PDA

View Full Version : Towing With Juice

Lone Eagle
03-16-2003, 17:53
We just towed our 10K fifth wheel to Southern Utah and back. Some of you said that you could pull a lot more hills in OD with the "Juice". That is a gross under statement. We traveled almost from the top of Utah to the bottom. Round trip we went 800 miles. We pulled a lot of 3 to 4% grades with a few 5 & 6%. I ran 68 to 69 MPH in Tow/Haul on cruise with the Juice set at step 2 . My Allison never shifted down one time. On the longest 6% of the trip I saw 1200 degrees. I was passing a 2500HD 8.1 that wanted to race. The wife made me do it! I cleared the top at my cruise setting of 75. This was the only hill that I saw more than 1050 on the pyro. The best part was 12.9 MPG for the 800 miles. I never hit any head wind but did have a good tail wind for about 100 miles. The "Juice" is the best $600 I have spent in a lon while. Later! Lone Eagle :D :D :D

fredw
03-16-2003, 18:07
you just got to love the power, from the juice, now just think how many times your truck would of shifted down if you did not have the juice, and tell me which is harder on the drivetrain, also the mileage drop from that, the trucks come with good power stock, but do need a little more for towing heavy stuff,great thread :D

Lone Eagle
03-16-2003, 18:22
I forgot to mention how fast I can merge onto the freeway and pass. I think the truckers appriciate how fast I can get out of the way. They run 75 here in Utah and hate to get held up by RVers. Later! Lone Eagle :D

Oongawah
03-16-2003, 19:40
Haha,

Love it. I just got one of them fast trailers too. I think the trailer found out about the juice, and it's trying to get in front. Ditto on the power here. Have fun, Chuck.

KompressorMan
03-16-2003, 19:53
I have a Juice 4.61 too. It seems like when I romp it, the transmission (allison) Slips, Does anybody else experience this?
Herb

SwampMonster
03-17-2003, 09:57
Mine does it alot more in Normal driving mode (not Tow/Haul). It has something to do with the Allison transmission 'locking up' more. If I really get into it in Normal mode you can feel the Juice cutting back during shifts to prevent any damage. If I stomp it and don't let up it has a jerking feel to it because the Juice is just in/out/in/out.

Lata