PDA

View Full Version : Intake upgrade sugestion

Burner
07-02-2003, 07:07
How much will a filter help? Would a kit be better? Is there a wrap for a "stock type" box? I would like to have a performance air filter, in stock form, "without" the pin holes. :eek:

Have a safe and happy 4th! :D

Burner-------> :D

deerhunter7
07-02-2003, 08:14
I went with the Amzoil 2 stage air filter . Cut out the front bottom third off air box and as far as I can tell gained 1/2 to 1 mile a gallon .
Also can hear a little more turbo whine . So you can swiss cheese your air box and have your whine !!!

Kennedy
07-02-2003, 08:36
I'm waiting to see what the Uni offering loks like.

sonofagun
07-02-2003, 12:59
John,

Any more insight on the UNI offering for those of us who don't know about it?

Thanks,
Bob

earniem
07-04-2003, 20:24
Deerhunter Play on words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gene smith
07-05-2003, 16:12
I haven't seen any coments on the K-N generation 2 system, is there a problem with them, the company I work for has a K-N on all of there trucks an we haven't had any trouble, am i missing something, one of the trucks (just retired it) was a 6.5 turbo with close to 500k but all our miles are hiway, this could make a diff. thanks for any input-- Geno

[ 07-05-2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: gene smith ]

mackin
07-05-2003, 17:53
The only Problem I have heard of with the KN systems (not the drop in's) were with the Mass Air Sensor mounting location .....It is to far down stream and Codes have been set because of that ....Unless this has changed ??

Mac

:confused:

a64pilot
07-08-2003, 07:26
Mac,
A little update on my K&N saga. I would get the code for MAF performance whenever the humidity was high enough for visible moisture, fog etc. I had sealed the K&N air box with foam pipe insulation to prevent injestion of hot air from the engine compartment. I only wanted cool air from the front of the truck, reasoning the higher air density would be benificial.
Anyway when I unsealed the box, allowing the filter to draw in air from wherever, I have not set a code since. (about two months now)
I think that a cold air induction would be of little benefit for us as the turbo heats the air and is cooled by an after cooler. I have noticed no difference sealed or unsealed, except for the MIL.

saywhat
07-13-2003, 05:48
Check out www.uniquemetalproducts.com (http://www.uniquemetalproducts.com) and see what they offer.According to Trailer Life magazine they will be available for the Duramax soon.