PDA

View Full Version : Problem on the way to Bike Week

Carli_max
03-17-2003, 10:12
Had a little problem on the way to Florida with my truck, and would appreciate any help! Was towing my trailer with bike (about 1800lbs total). Mashed the pedal to change lanes, and the truck died/stalled/quit I coasted to a stop, and started it back up, and it was not running well. Shut it off, waited a few seconds, and re-started. Hit the pedal a few times, and it cleared up. continued the rest of the trip with no other problems. Never set a code! Could it have been a slug of water? I just changed the fuel filter a few days prior. Fueled up about 1/2 hour before the problem. Juice was on level #2, as usual. Outside temps were very low, -10 deg F or so! Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. Oh, the mileage was the worst in the coldest areas, only got 12.25 MPG. Best was a tad over 15MPG. Not alot of weight, but the wind resistance is still there!! :confused:

Paintdude
03-17-2003, 18:46
Sure sounds like something in the fuel to me, but how did it get past the filter? If it aint broke dont fix it, they say...

wasnt it a lovely rainy bikeweek? Still better than snow and cold..

My total weight was 6000 lbs less than yours and I got over 17 mpg...I would guess that 15 is fair enough with that much more weight...

Opps,1800lbs,,Yikes..All I know is I got a post 9/11 truck and this truck is alot better than any other I have had in awhile...When was your built?

Good Luck

[ 03-17-2003: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

Carli_max
03-18-2003, 06:28
Paintdude,
I wanna think it was water, but the water in fuel light should have come on?? Could it have been air in the lines? I'll keep a close eye on it for anymore issues. I got down to Bike Week on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but the rest of the next week (10th - 15th) was great. Rode every day! My truck was built in August of 2001! Picked it up a week before 9/11

sdaver
03-18-2003, 14:54
which version of the 90 hp juice? 3.xx to 4.61 most current...........some of the older 3.xx had that problem :D dave

Carli_max
03-19-2003, 06:23
Sdaver,
I have one of the very first production juice boxes that were available! Don't really know the version. Never had any problems, so I never sent it back to get updated. Thinking about sending it back to make it HOT! Do you think if it was the Juice, that no codes would be set?? Thanks for your help!

maxamillion
03-28-2003, 09:01
Hey at -10 could it be that the fuel line froze ??!