PDA

View Full Version : Wahoooo!!! Just bought my truck!

hogbody
12-09-2002, 22:09
Just got home from from buying a 2003 LT CC SB. They have to go get in Washington St....will be ready on Friday. Got a $3000 rebate and with my GM visa got another $700.00 off.

Does anyone have any experience with National Warranty Corp. for the extended service warranty.
Quoted $1986 for 7 year 100000 mile with $100 deductable for Maximum coverage. Will refund premium at the close if not used.

The same GM plan is $2445.00

Any suggestions will help.

Damn.....I did it!!! tongue.gif

LA DMAX
12-09-2002, 22:18
hogbody,
Let me be the first from this page to say CONGRATULATIONS on your new truck. I know you'll love it. I don't have any experience with National Warranty, I got the GM warranty. I have had a bad experience with other warranties that were not factory. The problem is when it comes time to fix something, the dealer may say it costs "X" amount but the warranty people say their charge is "Y" and they "YOU" will have to come up with the difference unless you are close with the service manager. I paid the big bucks just to know that it's all coming from the same place with the same language and most importantly the same $$$$$. That's just me and my 2 cents. Again congrats on the truck.

LA DMAX

7th son
12-09-2002, 22:25
Hogbody,

As a long-time guy in the car biz, I can tell you without any hesitation that as a rule ANY extended warranty is a rip. Remember too that you already have a 100K warranty on the majority of the engine parts anyway.

Enjoy the truck!!

Ed