PDA

View Full Version : '05 Dmax, Allison, Xfer case on Ebay

markrinker
08-27-2005, 08:02
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Duramax-6-6-Engine-Allison-transmission-Diesel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ7995 179021QQrdZ1

Seems like an awesome deal at 8K. Not really in a position to buy at this time, thought maybe someone on here would be interested.

More Power
08-27-2005, 10:12
Saw a Chevy ad on TV recently advertising a 2005 2WD 1500 series standard cab shortbox truck for a little more than $13K. This plus the eBay powertrain could be the beginning of a hot hot-rod.... :D

Would be a simple install.

Jim

markrinker
08-27-2005, 13:46
C1500? I was thinking Colorado. smile.gif

Don't know about DMaxes, but you do NOT want a GM Gen III (LS1-LS6) series gas motor that has run upside down after a rollover accident. Oil gets past the valves, the pump starves, and they hydro-lock. They might sound fine after being restarted, but may have bent or damaged rods and a high failure rate down the road. (In the 'old days' most rollover motors were fine because the upside down carb would stall the motor before it had oiling problems.)

Here are the two questions I asked the seller:

1) Was the drivetrain from a wreck?
2) If so, was it a rollover or hit in the front?

Here was his (somewhat defensive) response:

"The engine is from a wreck, i don't know who would part out their new 05 truck. It was a rollover, the engine did not sustain any damage and ran fine after the accident."

My response to him:

"Thanks, thats all I needed to know. BTW, if you haven't seen a motor out of a vehicle before it has 10,000 miles on it, your hanging out at the wrong race shops..."

Now I suspect I know why it was so cheap.

[ 08-27-2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

dmaxalliTech
08-27-2005, 18:35
More Power, I was thinking that exact same thing :D

Thats a heck of a buy, wish I was in a position to jump on it.