PDA

View Full Version : Dealer updated my computer on my LLY

jeep haller
12-26-2004, 14:48
Read about some of you with the LLY motor taking them in and having new or updated codes done to the computer. I took mine in last week becouse it was smoking to much on aceleration. Got it back 3 hours later they said the truck didn't want to take the new codes. Now I wished it didn't. Instantly I notice a loss of 40-50HP. Turbo not kicking in with nowere near the force. Just plain poor performance now and it still smokes some. Anyone else feel this way.

Kennedy
12-26-2004, 16:31
If it would not take the code, then I'd have to assume they did nothing. It either programs or it doesn't. You'd definitely be in the minority with a complaint after the update was performed. Most are saying it made a very nice difference...

jeep haller
12-26-2004, 16:42
It did take the codes a total of 11 the dealer said, it just took a long time for the computer to take them. That is only what he said.

I have just received my Edge upgrade from you and plan on installing next week. Maybe that will take care of the codes they changed.

rickdlance
12-26-2004, 18:02
What Edge upgrade. I talked to Edge last week. They said only 1 version out for the LLY. Is there something they are not telling?

jeep haller
12-26-2004, 18:24
Don't panic this is only an upgrade from stock. There is only one Edge product.

BarryD
12-27-2004, 06:51
I had a totally different experience. The updates made my truck run much better has more power, quieter, surge is gone.

The winter performance is also better. I find the truck much quieter on cold startup (-10F). I haven't towed with it yet but I would expect that also to be improved.

dmaxalliTech
12-27-2004, 16:25
Seems a big difference across the board with what some are experiencing after the update. Some say its better, some worse, some no change.

I dont know if all trucks take it different or individual situations or what, seems odd the large variance in outcomes though