PDA

View Full Version : Dmax - died twice

jjackson
09-01-2005, 03:16
We just returned from an ~ 3,000 trip from Florida to Iowa and back, pulling our 33' 5th wheel. In Tennessee, as we were preparing to leave the campground, I had started the truck to warm up, started fine, ran about 1 minute and died, wouldn't re-start. I pumped the primer a number of times and it started right up. Got to Iowa, and did the same thing once. Pulled all the way back and no problems. Truck pulls good, continued to get about 12MPG towing over 13K, any thoughts/suggestions.

John

More Power
09-01-2005, 15:40
If you're able to continue to bleed air from the fuel filter you may have an airleak somewhere. A past due fuel filter will make the problem worse.

Jim

jjackson
09-03-2005, 03:57
More Power, thanks for the response. I didn't actually bleed air from the system, just gave it a few pumps and all was well...almost like it lost prime. I had only about 600 miles on my new fuel filter (dual pleated) when this happened, and it only did it two times, about 600 miles later (after the first occurrance). Have driven (pulled 5'r) about 1,500 miles since on that same trip, and no more problems..?

John