PDA

View Full Version : 01 dmax head gasket blown

01DMAX
09-01-2005, 14:16
So i had this truck since january and its been too the shop 3 times for losing collant. They did pressure tests had die in it. I told them from the first day its a head gasket. they didnt liste.Its been 3 weeks now and there still just finishing it every time i call. tommrow i pick it up. 26 book hours ithink they said for a head gasket. heres my list of other problems

water pump
leaking hose
driver and passeger window relays
power steering box and some pivot arm
(suppoibly they redisnged it)
horn
batterys
neutral safety switch(had to be towed)

theres more i just cant rember but thank god for the extended warranty i bought. The dealership has been terribly slow about everything and ignorant at times. Not having this truck loses money for work so i havent been hapy with it.
Every time it ran it ran great though. ITs got exhaust programmer k&n intake.
(was looking at diffrent wastegates and suggestions or other ideas to beef her up when she comes back with a new head gasket lol.

Anyone think the programmer may of caused the head gasket to go. lol I think so because the light would come o and use collant when i turned it on the fly in the truck and got on her all over town.

FrankA
09-01-2005, 14:46
first they told me it was a injector sleeve and they would have it fixed in a day. Then they figured they need to replace the head but could not get a new head for three weeks. After enough complaining
they found a dealer with one. They put it back together and it was still blowing coolant out the overflow under pressure (going up a steep long hill). So they did the other head --five weeks later I traded it in sight unseen to another dealer. When my 2001 was done (all under warranty at 60,000 miles)I drove it with fingers crossed to the dealer where I bought my 2005 dmax so far so good with the 2005.I got 14,000 for it. ran it for 4 years and paid 28,0000.paid 38,000 for new 2005.

01DMAX
09-01-2005, 14:50
maybe i bought your truck do you live in pa lol

FrankA
09-02-2005, 03:39
no i live in Ca. And I checked the truck is still sitting at the dealers lot.I also think many of the 2001s will have this problem, just hope it happens under 100,000 miles. I only blame myself for buying a first year model but I was upset with their warrantee procedures that they have to follow in order to be reimbursed by GM, meanwhile I had no truck for five weeks.