PDA

View Full Version : 2002 crew cab 4x4 6spd-fair price?

thomascw
09-03-2005, 12:22
I test drove above truck at local dealer,dealer asking 18,900.Very clean,base model roll up windows,no carpet,95,000 miles,small dent in lower left rear quarter,steel wheels. A couple questions-the clutch depression-release was almost too easy compared to my ford;is this normal?Also had check engine light on-I would have this addressed before buying.Engine ran very smooth with no smoke.Clean trucks with relatively low miles are not that common here.What are common problems to look for?

Thanks in advance

Tough Guy
09-04-2005, 17:45
Welcome to the Diesel Page!!

Have you booked it out on www.kbb.com (http://www.kbb.com) ? Keep us posted

Cheers

madmatt
09-05-2005, 16:01
give me a VIN and I'll run a VIS report to see what if any warr repairs have been done.

thomascw
09-05-2005, 16:40
Thanks Tough Guy;Madmatt,I'll get the vin tomorrow and post it after work.I'm sort of leaning towards keeping my old ford since its paid for,but it has 220,000 and that chevy sure rides nice.

thomascw
09-06-2005, 10:48
here is the vin 1gchk23102f174552

thanks

JeepSJ
09-06-2005, 21:29
There is an '01 CC 4x4 diesel/auto sitting on a lot by my house and they have it advertised for $28K. I think if I saw a used DMax for $18K I'd trade my '01 F-150 in a heartbeat.

thomascw
09-07-2005, 14:28
It's still there,I was hoping madmatt or anyone could run that vis report.I really think I'd prefer an auto-anyone have any reliabilty info on the zf-6 vs. the allison?I read a couple posts about clutch probs on the sticks;is this common?Thats kinda why I was asking about the clutch pedal being so easy to depress and release,there was no slipping that I could appreciate.I told the sales manager I would come by tomorrow and drive it again.

tom

madmatt
09-09-2005, 05:14
it was sold by phil wright chevrolet in Russellville AR, has had two flywheels put in, a set of injectors, a front end alignment, and something to do w/ the headliner. are you close to this dealer. they have goodwilled several of these repairs and took care of the deductible on the engine repairs. they seem like a good dealer. also theres three open recalls on it ;)

thomascw
09-09-2005, 11:34
Thanks madmatt,

I live less than a mile from the dealer.(They are reselling the crew cab used).I bought my 04 avalanche from them and traded it back there for my wifes 05 suburban.You're right about this being a good dealership,I've had nothing but good service from them over the last 11 years.I haven't heard about flywheels being a problem on these trucks,is this common?Like I posted,this truck drives nice with no vibration or smoke.Can you tell if they replaced the clutch?I guess they probably would have if it needed at the time of flywheel replacement.I think I'll go back and drive it again.

Thanks Tom

markrinker
09-10-2005, 10:43
I think that is an 'okay' price - if it meets your needs.

Today I paid $22,250 for a 2001 Reg Cab K2500HD LS package with Allison, sprayed in bedliner and a like new Western 8' poly blade Pro Plow. 75,000 miles, new tires and a really clean truck overall. I figure the plow and accessories at $2500, so the truck would be ~$20,000.

If you can live with the manual transmixer, its probably an okay buy, especially the crew cab aspect, and a year newer.

However, I'd offer them $17000 cash and hold out until they sell it to you for $17,500. Base model and manual tranny is great if it fits your needs - do you plan to trailer alot or ???.

Remember the lack of common features will make the truck harder to resell or trade down the road. If you plan to drive it to 250,000 then it doesn't matter.

(If they won't budge on price then they AT LEAST need to run it through their shop and fix the dent and any other scratches. There is $500 to you, pennies to them.)

My .05 cents worth!!!

[ 09-10-2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

thomascw
09-10-2005, 15:24
Please no flames,but I decided to keep my old ford diesel.The post by mark made me realize how little I actually do tow.I bought my 94 1 year ago and I've put less than 5,000 miles on it(most of that not even towing the horses).Here's the other no-flame part,I traded my wifes old 01 suburban for an 06 hyundai sonata.I know,not very macho but its at least practical.I need to update my sig,I had previously traded my avalanche for an 05 suburban.With all this car trading I've really been saving some money.I'll continue to lurk if thats ok.Someday I'll get that travel trailer and need a new diesel,likely a d-max if things things at ford don't get better.

Thanks again,sorry to waste your time madmatt

Tom

madmatt
09-12-2005, 12:08
don't worry about, I don't consider time spent helping a potenial buyer or any body for that matter a waste. let me know if I can ever be of further assistance.