PDA

View Full Version : duramaximizer + pcm + propane @ the dragstrip

mtomac
03-20-2003, 10:21
Here's a thread I found at Fullsizechevy.com. The guy with a Supercharged Tahoe posted his results from the dragstrip and one race was against a '02 2500HD CCSB 4x4. Here's his description of the Duramax. "That DMax truck has a Duramaximizer, PCM programming from Pacific-Performance Engineering (the same folks) and propane injection. It's so strong it makes the Allison 5-speed transmission slip, a problem which his next set of modification will take care of. If you look at the times you'll see that he was running me down and surely would have past me in another 1/8th! All that from a truck that weighs ONE TON MORE than mine does! Externally it's also stock in appearance accept for 20" rims. The programming increases the redline to 3600RPM. I'm not sure what stock redline is on a DMax."

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54240

-------------------------------------------------------------------

car# 782 in the first time slip is the Duramax
http://4.67.23.180/pics/Fontana030308-TimeSlip.jpg

He had a 2.509sec 60' time. A 1.91sec 60' time it would put him at 14.154. I wonder how much the 20" hurt his ET. With propane it seems like his times would be a little faster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

here's the video
http://4.67.23.180/pics/JamesB-vs-CCSB4x4DMax_14.266.mpg

Kennedy
03-20-2003, 10:36
Michael,

Looks to me like your truck is doing pretty good in light of the 100+HP handicap! :eek:

king D
03-20-2003, 11:17
a couple of weeks ago we went to the track with a 2002 4door 4wheel drive dmax.it was my brothers. he has the pcm and duramaxamizer from ppe.he ran several 8.84s to 8.89s in the eight.he does not have propane nor tranny mods.the ecm does raise the rev limiter but the duramaxamizer gives him several tenths on zero to 60 times.i have a bully dog pressure box and my hot juice just got back from edge,i hope to run it this weekend to get some times.we are also taking the timing out of my quadzilla ship and will stack it with the pcm and duramaxamizer.another thing i can see ,the more mods you have that get you faster 0-60 times you get however in a type of oxymoron you will not or at least we didnt gain any time on the 1/4 mile time,however if after the 0-60 time flassh if you back down to say just the ecm and maxamizer or juice or quadzilla ect... you will get your best times.the reason this happens i think is because in the higher gears with the multiple mods you have so much slippage that you usaully run a slower next eight mile than you would with just a juice or ppe pcm or quadzilla ext... .i hope this helps and doesnt appear to be just mindless chatter.jess

TN farmer
03-20-2003, 20:23
King D,

Are you launching in 4wd, or do you have any experience in this? (broken parts or problems with the front end)

I embarassed a few powerstrokes the other night and I was able to launch in 4wd with 5# of boost. Before it shifted into 2nd I would click it into 2wd. It makes a huge difference building up boost at the start but my tires only spin in 2wd.

Keep us posted on the times from your truck. Robert

king D
03-20-2003, 21:28
these are all 4x4 launches shifting to 2x just like you said you did.i ordered a set of rims for some slicks i had but didnt want to grind as much metal off the back caliper bracket as it would take;and new rims and tires were mega dollars.we are leaving at 1750 to 2000 rpms as more we get to much tire spin and or hop.only had the 2002 ppe reflash and duramaxamizer to the track yet.gonna take mine this weekend if the rain stops,i will let you know how it goes.jess

c5dura
03-21-2003, 14:00
I wonder if shifting out of 4x4 at WOT is a wise idea, especially on a solid surface? It must be real hard for the solenoid(s) to disengage the gears (or whatever engages the front wheels)under such load, no?

GMCTRUCK
03-21-2003, 19:37
Most likely it doesn't really disengage while there's a load on the drivetrain.

sdaver
03-22-2003, 06:57
IT DOESNT.........TIRES SQUEAL ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRACK.......MY BEST 60' WAS 1.81......ON A 9.103 RUN W/90HP JUICE........@7150LBS