PDA

View Full Version : Took The Plunge

REC06
12-13-2002, 14:47
ordered my pcm loader-duamaximiser from ppe today :D problem is the pcm loader wont be hear for 3 to 5 weeks :( I plan to install the duramaximiser and run it with my ez amp till the pcm loader comes in. Should caml the withdraw symptoms. Next up 5 inch exhaust

REC06
02-20-2003, 09:00
The tech iv and duramaximiser are installed. Wow does this thing run. I hope to see a little improvment in the 5th gear limp modes as the tranny does some learning. Seems to go limp even if I am crusing at 70-80 mph tranny locked up in 5th and punch it. No down shift just lots of power then limp :( But the shifting is very tight and 1 thru 4 is quite a ride. Probably will need the tranny upgrades soon so I can hold the go pedel to the floor all the way down the 1/4 mile

hoot
02-20-2003, 09:51
Are you just de-fueling or do you have to pull over and restart the truck to reset?

REC06
02-20-2003, 18:03
I don't think it is defueling, I hear the engine rev and the truck does not respond then bang it feels like it slips out of gear. the first time it happened it threw an ses code and I had to pull over. I heard that if you shift into neutral and coast a minute it resets. That has worked on the second and third times. Now I just let off before I get there, besides by that time I am going too fast and running out of real estate. :eek: