PDA

View Full Version : EDGE THIS WEEKEND!! You coming?

Tough Guy
09-05-2005, 07:10
Its this weekend boys and girls...Weekend on the Edge!

Who's going? Where are you staying?

Don't miss high speed runs at the track, the big power dyno event, smokey burnouts and a chance to meet all your favorite forum personalities!!

I'll see ya there!

Cheers

BMDMAX
09-05-2005, 07:37
I am in Kansas right now so I am getting closer!

I hope there is a good turnout. I bet I get the longest distance award though! tongue.gif

Kennedy
09-05-2005, 09:11
How many miles did it work out to going direct?

We're at 1400+ here...

BMDMAX
09-05-2005, 18:36
Originally posted by kennedy:
How many miles did it work out to going direct?

We're at 1400+ here... 2200 miles according to Mapquest. Long haul for either one of us!

Tough Guy
09-05-2005, 18:59
It will be nice to meet you Brandon, I am impressed that you are coming from that far away, driving ~8 days round trip....I sure hope your seats are comfortable...

Drive carefully!

Cheers

Lawnboy
09-06-2005, 03:23
Originally posted by BMDMAX:
I bet I get the longest distance award though! tongue.gif I'm splitting hairs, but I think Tanker has you beat (even if he went straight out instead of going through MN), and if HowieE was still coming, he'd have him beat by about an hour more.

Tankers' enroute somewhere in Nebraska.

BMDMAX
09-06-2005, 05:58
Originally posted by Tough Guy:
It will be nice to meet you Brandon, I am impressed that you are coming from that far away, driving ~8 days round trip....I sure hope your seats are comfortable...

Drive carefully!

Cheers So far so good. The LLY has been doing great. Suprisingly the truck hits a really good groove at about 80, EGT's and temps are better than running at 70 in the flatlands.

We have been loafing pretty much so far, only running about +/- 500 miles a day. The return trip will be a bit more demanding, hoping to log 800 plus per day. At any rate the truck has been comfy, love the XM radio. The wife has her DVD player so that helps with the "in-flight" entertainment. :D

Very happy with the new trailer, much better than my old rig. It does sit up pretty high but zero wind issues and no sway problems. The Equalizer hitch on it is fantastic for a pull behind.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all!

DmaxMaverick
09-06-2005, 06:47
Originally posted by BMDMAX:
I bet I get the longest distance award though! tongue.gif Surely you guys haven't forgotten our good Dr. Miami is just about as far as you can get, in the lower 48. What about our members overseas? Canada?

We should have a pool for the furthest member. Perhaps a tank of fuel (or airfare)? I know the current situation is putting a pinch on my budget!

More Power
09-06-2005, 07:34
I spoke to Dr. Lee a few days ago. He will be in SLC this weekend - flying in. smile.gif

Kick the tires & light the fires.....

Jim

Inspector
09-06-2005, 10:21
Hey, is there going to be a shortest distance award?
Denny

Lawnboy
09-06-2005, 14:54
Originally posted by Inspector:
Hey, is there going to be a shortest distance award?
Denny Guess that'll depend on which side of the bed you roll out of!
:D

Tough Guy
09-07-2005, 21:03
We pull out in the morning bright and early.

Cheers