PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rail pressure increasers

2K2AD
12-14-2002, 11:21
Just wondering, with all this talk about poor filtering, do the fuel rail pressure increasers make a bad condition worse. From what I understand, poor fuel is bad at high pressures because of a sandblasting type effect in the injectors. I cannot help but think if it is bad at 23k psi, it must be worse at 28k psi. Any thoughts?

Kevin

AzKevin
12-14-2002, 21:36
I agree, probably another nail in the coffin for that performance upgrade. When they first came out they looked promising, but reports suggested there was an increased incidence of fuel leak problems. There are less fuel rail stressing ways to buy performance upgrades for the Dmax.

NutNbutGMC
12-15-2002, 15:36
QUOTE:
There are less fuel rail stressing ways to buy performance upgrades for the Dmax.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Such as?

mackin
12-15-2002, 15:59
NutNbutGMC

Such as OJ or ECM reflash or handheld......

Yo go here and answer our burning question ...We's waiting for you !!!!!! Don't be all secretive now...... :D

=>http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004734

MAC

AzKevin
12-15-2002, 16:06
Unfortunately, I have no new revelations here. So that leaves any solution that doesn't increase fuel rail pressures. As we all know, there are many solutions that increase the fuel pulse width, such as the juice, etc. And for the drug fans there's always propane.

[ 12-15-2002: Message edited by: AzKevin ]</p>