PDA

View Full Version : 4" exhaust

earniem
09-05-2005, 18:15
I just had a a" exhaust put on , drove it 500 miles or so then pulled my 5Th 30' trailer south to Portland Oregon. I noticed a small amount of loss of power. I could only pull the same hills I did last year at red line or 3200 rpm. Last year I pulled the same hill same trailer at 58/59 mph. I cannot pick up the speed to pass like I used to. How obout it John Kennady what is going on?

Kennedy
09-06-2005, 04:21
A few more details would help. I'm not sure which exhaust you are running, or if it is catback/full, or even if the truck had a cat.

A lot can change in a year like fuel quality, winds, ambient temps etc that could affect how it tows. Is the trailer loaded the same? I do know that my system is dyno proven to produce power.

I'd check fuel filter restriction as well as air filter etc.

Are you coming to the Rendezvous this year?

Mark Craig
09-06-2005, 10:02
earniem,

I am with John something else is likely the cause. An exhaust system will not cause you a loss of power especially when you 're at cruising speeds etc.

Mark @ DPPI

earniem
09-06-2005, 13:18
Thanks for the quick response. I have the exhaust from the down pipe back with a free flw muffler. It sounds pretty cool when you get on it. The trailer was loaded about the same way as I always run it. I have recently put in a new fuel filter about 6000 miles ago. I am also going to e-mail you an e-mail I got from WIX. I would put it here but dont know how.
I still like the way it runs. Because of past experince I am a little spooky. I never let my air filter go over 2 oil changes.