PDA

View Full Version : new juice owner

retiredalaskan
03-21-2003, 18:10
Just received my new juice by mr. brown.Took a whole 2.5 minutes to install,then a trip up the road to check it out . Set level 1 reg.4 on tow haul,all i can say is wow!!! no wheel spinning but i have 245/70/19.5 tires{34"} a puff of smoke from a standing stop then colour me gone.It really defuels between shifts.but that only seems to happen if you have your foot to the floor.I really think it runs smoother,even the wife thinks so .don't know how i got along with out it.. ;) ;) :cool: :cool:

[ 03-22-2003: Message edited by: retiredalaskan ]</p>

Vette Racer
03-23-2003, 21:52
All I can say is, don't leave home without it!

PS, Don't tow without it either!

chicoc48
04-16-2003, 20:56
Thought I'd add my first impressions on the Juice as well. JK sent it out pronto- and I installed it yesterday AM in about as long as it took me to type this. What can I say but HOLY @$%*!!! I ran level 2 in normal, just to see if I could tell when it turned on (warmed up), and the engine immediately felt smoother and the power (60 hp?) was very noticeable and controllable. Checked out level 3, T/H on the way back. I'm still shaking my head and can't wipe the perma-grin off my face. Gave a few buds a level 4 ride around the block at work, after a few scoffs about what kind of acceleration a truck like that can do. If only I had a quarter for every exclamation/wow/holy whatever i heard :D I feel like I'm driving a Camaro, and can't wait to hunt down some ricers! We sure do have a lot coming out of the woodwork now that the weather is warming up!!

Next up: Exhaust and Amsoil Air!!!!

Thanks JK for your prompt service!

chico

afp
04-17-2003, 18:27
Wipe that grin off your face!! Seriously, I have had my Jucie for several months now and I love it as well. With mine, I noticed after making a 1/2 dozen full throttle runs it defueled much less.

Blaine

imported_
04-17-2003, 20:27
Do i need gauges if i decide to either juice my truck or go with the predator programmer. I dont do any towing,just would like the extra power when needed to blow some cars off the line...

TBC
04-17-2003, 21:50
retiredalaskan
I hope you are not towing on level 4 since you are running level 4 in tow/haul mode. Edge does not recommend towing at anything above level 2. Exhaust temps get to high towing on the 75 and 90 HP settings. I too love my juice. I balked about it for a long time but glad I did it. Gages and exhaust change is next. I have not run mine on the 90 hp mode and won't until I get the gages. Have fun.

Tom

Applecore
04-18-2003, 15:20
Had my Juice since last fall. We pull a 37 ft 5th wheel (22000# ready for travel) We pull in level 2 as recommended. Hills that I know we would downshift from OD we are now able to accelerate through. I have had no trouble with the juice what so ever. I have tried level 3 running solo (about scared the $#$% out of me when I hit the accelerator at 40mph to pass someone -- hit 85 so fast I couldn't believe it. We run from Minnesota to Florida this past winter -- some hills --bucking some winds -- enjoyed every mile. We will be going to Washington State this summer -- over all the mountains -- can't wait .

retiredalaskan
04-19-2003, 07:06
took a trip up to Ga. this week 250 miles one way kept it around 65-70 on the cruise control, topped off tank in albany ga. 11gallons{22mpg},was using level 1 rpm about 1900,exhaust temp 575,boast 1-2 lbs,Still defuels a lot,but maybe thats because i don't get on it enough!!!
I only set level 4 in t/h to check difference between 1-4 do not tow in 4, will probley set 2
in t/h To say the least it's still a kick!!
can't wait to start towing with it .

steve700edgex
04-19-2003, 19:55
new diesel owner here so what exactly is defueling

Idle_Chatter
04-19-2003, 21:02
Welcome, Steve700, defueling is an automatic protective process that the TCM (tranny) and PCM (engine) computers do to prevent transmission damage when slippage is sensed. It's also called "torque management" and happens even in stock trim at full throttle. Basically, when the system senses too much difference in transmission input and output shaft rotation (meaning that input is overtorquing and causing the clutches to slip) fuel is cut back to the engine and power drops until the slippage stops. This is more common during shifting when the clutches are being "exchanged" so you can really feel the power ramping off and then coming back on during and after the shift. The Edge Juice is tuned into the TCM and defuels on slippage. So it provides more power - which could cause slippage, and senses and defuels to prevent damage. I love my Juice because it not only adds more power, but really fills in the midrange and smooths out performance overall in comparison to the factory "generic" programming.