PDA

View Full Version : D/A recall to upgrade fuel mgmt software?

Web
04-01-2004, 18:22
I took my truck (2003 2500HD D/A) into my dealer for another issue and he advised me that there was a recall on it to upgrade the fuel management system software. He couldn't tell me any of the specifics of what was being "fixed", and I'm reluctant to fix something that isn't broken.

If anyone knows about this recall, I'd really appreciate hearing the specifics and get some comfort that the fix won't cause problems.

I have the Banks Stinger system and will check with them about any negative interaction between the fix and the Banks stuff.

More Power
04-04-2004, 13:14
GM offers programming updates periodically for these trucks. Some address a driveability issue, some emissions, some to correct or improve some feature or function.

Recalls, on the other hand usually involve a safety or emissions compliance issue - of a more serious nature. And, usually involve a mailing to all registered owners affected.

MP

dmaxalliTech
04-04-2004, 18:51
I would want to know the perceived updates before haveing them installed. In some cases, updates can cause adverse side effects that are not desireable. They are also not reversable. The dealer can check and see what is being updated after downloading the program part no's from your truck and let you know exactly what is being changed.

BadDog
04-09-2004, 21:41
Wasn't there a page where you could go, type in your VIN, and find out what had been applied and what had been issued.

jbplock
04-10-2004, 02:17
Originally posted by BadDog:
Wasn't there a page where you could go, type in your VIN, and find out what had been applied and what had been issued. This one?

http://calid.gm.com/vci/VINEntryPre.do

smile.gif

BadDog
04-11-2004, 09:59
Yep, thanks.

GMFAN70
04-11-2004, 11:41
But is it working for anyone? For me it hangs at "Getting Calibration Information"

oyazi
04-11-2004, 16:28
Sounds like you haven't chkd the Programming Type. Perhaps it isn't visible w/o scrolling down to see it ~ worked for me.

oyazi
04-11-2004, 16:48
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
I would want to know the perceived updates before haveing them installed. In some cases, updates can cause adverse side effects that are not desireable. They are also not reversable. The dealer can check and see what is being updated after downloading the program part no's from your truck and let you know exactly what is being changed. Could you tell us how long it takes to update that database for a recent reflash? Reason I ask, just took mine in for a OD - 3rd downshift issue and they reflashed it. As I left the dealership, it pounced out into traffic, overshot the first lane, bearly contained it into the second lane. Took it on the fwy and it ran like gazeel. Immediated went home to see what the database had for the updates and wonder if the latest had time to be file maintained at that point.

dmaxalliTech
04-11-2004, 17:44
I am not familier with the site that Bill linked too, but I would suspect it to take a couple days as it wont go in until the dealer submits the claim which is usually a day or so behind..

mdrag
04-11-2004, 21:08
Unless there has been a recent change to that site, the link posted by jbplock will list ALL THE AVAILABLE software for your VIN#. It DOES NOT list the software installed in your vehicle. The list will be the same BEFORE and AFTER you have updated software installed.

You need a TECH2 to check the installed software and then compare it to the list of what is available.

GMFAN70
04-12-2004, 06:46
Un-blocked pop-ups and it works now.