PDA

View Full Version : Buying new trucks

Randog
09-08-2005, 19:38
I am in the market to buy 2 new chevy/gmc trucks with Duramax engines. I have often heard about dealers that offer substantial discounts on these trucks with you can order them a wait, or are willing to fly to Montana or Wyoming to pick the trucks up. Does anyone know of such dealers? Where can a guy go in the US to get the best possible deal on a new truck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

okeehandyman
09-09-2005, 06:10
Randog - Last fall I wanted to buy a D/A truck. The FL. dealers sure are proud of their trucks! I went on line to Carmax.com and found that that compaony has a Chevy dealership in Kenosha, WI. I checked the new truck inventory, found a truck I liked and called the 800 number. Erik Shatzer fax'd me a copy of the invoice and the "no haggle price". It was way below the prices I got in FL. So even with a flight to O'Hare and the 64 gallons of fuel I used, I saved quite a few $. Check it out.

Randog
09-10-2005, 07:13
Thanks alot, I appreciate the input.

oyazi
09-10-2005, 10:10
Got mine from davesmith kellog ID. Claims to be the largest GM and DC dealer in the US. But there is another wholesaler closer to you in OH but forget now. Its been 4 yrs. It was w/o a doubt the best auto purchasing experience ever. Confidence in knowing I was getting the best pricing at the time. They met me at the airport, discount rate at a local motel if I wished to sleep over before the journey home. Duramax's were scarce in 02 and local dealers wouldn't deal. Figured I saved almost 5Gs after plane tkt and fuel at the time.
Of course things are different now what with supply exceeding demand and employee pricing ~ savings you experience may be different.

[ 09-10-2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: oyazi ]

William Lee Gingerich
09-10-2005, 10:22
Hey Randog we have bought 2 duramax trucks from Westfall GMC in north KC and they treated us very good. You also want to consider a dealers service department and theirs is great.The salesman we dealt with is Charles Vitale. He is a straight shooter. His phone # is 816-459-3129 Just my 2cents

Randog
09-11-2005, 06:27
Thanks guys! I will give Dave Smith and Westfall a call and see if I can save some money.

cowboywildbill
09-11-2005, 17:13
You can get a great deal in October at the All American Quarter Horse Congress at the Ohio state fair grounds. GMC sponsors this event and they have hundreds of trucks brought in No overhead.
Just a thought.

FleetFilter.com
09-12-2005, 17:47
Bossier Country in Fairfield Texas have always been an excellent Chevy dealer to my family. No BS, no weird fees, nothing goofy at all. Excellent dealer.

Kennedy
09-13-2005, 05:58
Myself, I go local as they are the ones that will be taking care of any potential warranty issues, service etc.

If you want to buy at invoice and are not worried about traveling, or how your servicing dealer will act, I have a deal worked with my local dealer (Domine Chev) that they will sell at invoice or a touch under. The way the prices are now, it sure should be a level playing field though...

Showgood1
09-15-2005, 20:13
I have to disagree about buying local and the service unless its a small or a small town joint....and even then. Most places I have ever had to deal with had a sales department and a service department. They usually don't talk to each other any more than they have to. Usually neither one cares if you are a previous customer or not. Certainly the local's around here will never touch my vehicles again. I used to have to go 25mi to another place to get my warrenty work done. I am glad to see something good about Bossier county have seen alot of there adds around here. I know someone who used one of there adds as a bargining tool!!