PDA

View Full Version : p0101 after K& N install

rickdlance
04-02-2004, 18:15
I just put the K & N complete ait intake kit on my 01 Duramax. Now I'm getting a p0101 MAF of VAF code. Any idea's?

RWA II
04-03-2004, 07:22
Pull out your newly installed K&N and look for oil residue down the intake. Sometimes an over oiled filter will mist the MAF and cause the anemometer to feedback incorrect numbers to the computer. If you do end up finding oil residue, you are going to need to clean the MAF. Do not use grocery store rubbing alcohol to clean it, but rather something abit purer. Do a search on MAF and see what you get, but as I recall if you can't get lab grade isopropyl then your favorite bottle of everclear will do the trick.

Ron

Kennedy
04-03-2004, 07:44
Likely due to the relocation of the MAF sensor and/OR not having the programming updates done from way back in 2001. The old box and operating parameters have been updated. If you did not pursue the programming updates and did the intake yourself...

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/dmaxairintake.html

Albee
04-18-2004, 08:30
My Dealership here told me that a K&N filter would void my warranty on the MAF. Due to the excessive air flow the MAF does not know what to do with it. So it shows a fail. I had a MAF go out, but not due to a K&N filter. This sounds like bologna to me, they need to do something about it if just an air filter will cause such a problem.

dmaxalliTech
04-18-2004, 13:23
The only reason they could give you trouble is if you have oil contaminated on it. If you do, you can clean it.. I think CRC 'lectra clean is what works the best, no residue left.

The MAF can read the air coming into the engine just fine. I have run truck with no air filter and they really dont show much more air then with. Dont worry, It stayed in shop and I only run it for a few minutes to watch the MAF readins

rickdlance
04-20-2004, 10:21
Unhooked batteries for 1 hour after talking to K & N and problem went away. Thanks for the help!