PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy exhaust louvers forward or back?

NWDmax
12-17-2002, 00:52
Received my big brown box on the front porch today schwing!
Which way should I run the muffler,louvers forward or back?
Just want to see what everybody else is doing.
Quality looks to be top notch.
I'm very impressed with JK's attention to quality and detail.
It's worth the price when it's done right!
Saving money isn't always the most important thing.
JK,where is that FPPF I ordered?The Duramax is thirsty! Blake

[ 12-16-2002: Message edited by: NWDmax ]

[ 12-16-2002: Message edited by: NWDmax ]</p>

12-17-2002, 05:30
I put the fins in the forward position. It has much less boom noise than in the rearward position.

RVGuy
12-17-2002, 08:48
I placed the fins toward the rear, assembled everything but the seal clamps and started it up to see if it was too loud. It wasn't and I left it that way.

At idle, I can't tell MUCH difference in loudness from stock. The note is deeper, more throaty in my opinion but not necessarily louder.

When you stand on it, you can hear the difference between stock and the Kennedy. And once again, I didn't think it was too loud with the fins toward the rear.

I'd say try it with the fins toward the rear to see if its too loud rather than fins toward the front...first. You won't know if the loudness is objectionable unless you try it.

Kennedy
12-17-2002, 08:58
I haven't really detected any major sound/performance difference myself. I generally go with the holes facing rearward. On the new 4/5" mufflers we will have the 4" holes facing forward and the 5" holes facing rearward.

NWDmax
12-17-2002, 10:08
Okay,holes to the rear it is.
I'll let you know how it sounds.
JK,do you answer your E-MAILS?
I never got a response.Do I stink or what?
FPPF coming?
Blake

Kennedy
12-17-2002, 10:25
Dug through my mail filter and found it. If you don't get a reply, try again. Still nothing? then call is best. A message without a subject is tough to spot in a list of 200 junk mails let alone 20+ legit messages. I try to stay on top of the email, but once it gets to be a couple of days old, it is tough to go back on... I haven't been doing my "housekeeping" lately and have just shy of 6,000 messages in my in box, all of which are from 2002 and that isn't even CLOSE to the total :eek:

zip
12-17-2002, 10:25
:D

Now John.. Just because some of us are from Tennessee...

:D :D

Oongawah
12-18-2002, 00:28
JK,

Isn't it nice to be wanted? Did you get that bracket back yet? You should be getting any day now. Love the exhaust-holes to the rear.