PDA

View Full Version : New LLY quiet

carco
04-02-2004, 19:14
130 miles on new LLY DA, very quiet, Dr. friend w/ Power$troke found it to be very much quieter, and smooth, not yet pushed hard but feels like it is very reponsive and powerfull! K2500 CC LB LT very nice ride, the heated seats are great last couple of cool days, very nice on bad lower back. Wife finally drove it home tonight, first time, only 2 miles, her grin was ear to ear, now money spent is OK!! and it only took 2 miles!!

max out
04-02-2004, 19:23
Congrats , Injoy that diesel

mark45678
04-03-2004, 16:11
Bob dont be alarmed once you get the motor over 2600 rpm it will start to sound like a real diesel! the pilot in injector turns off and will make alittle more noise, its normal!!!! My lly has more power then my old 2001 lb7 duramax did! Now if some one would just make a chip for it!

saywhat
04-04-2004, 04:44
My LB7 was really quiet until it got around 8,ooo miles on it.At that point the engine noise seemed to increase as far as interior noise.Maybe the noise insulation becomes less effective after a while or my hearing got a lot more sensitive.From outside the truck at idle the noise seems to be the same as when new.The first time you get the pilot injection to cut out your heart will flutter as your thinking what did I do now.I really like driving mine and sounds like you will too!

carco
04-05-2004, 17:33
Already do like driveing it!!! Trying to put on a few miles this week, going to Florida Tow Show Thursday in Orlando. My old 93 K20 6.5 EC is for sale, hate to part with it been a very good truck, well taken care of, but this new one is better. Be ready this fall or winter for an Edge assist to play with!! Hard to imagine me adding to a stock vehicle, not my normal thing to do. Found 3 plastic boxes that fit under rear lift up seat bottoms, great storage addition, fold seat back down out of sight!!