PDA

View Full Version : High pitch whistle (not turbo) solved

Claven
09-10-2005, 08:42
I've got the whistle I've read about on this sight, However I can't seem to find anything about what it is. It whistles when boost is above 22 psi, and no its not the normal turbo music, it started about 2 weeks ago and no maintanace was done on the truck previous to the noise. I've checked intake hoses and didn't find anything obvious. Did anybody actually solve this problem or is it something I'll have to live with?

[ 09-14-2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Claven ]

VANBC2500HDDA
09-12-2005, 13:36
Does it seem to vary/fluctuate with the ride... like goes away and comes back based on bumps in the road?

duning chevy
09-12-2005, 15:11
I had this problem, It kept getting worse,and then I found the problem, it was the intake hose coming off the intercooler. Solved my problem

Zack

Claven
09-14-2005, 09:56
I did notice the sound did bounce with bumps once, maybe I'll have to get in and tighten everything good thanks for the response

Claven
09-14-2005, 16:52
Thanks guys that did it,it was the hose going into the intercooler on the drivers side. How I found it was I disconnected the hoses off the turbo side and the the intake side plugged one end off and put air in the other side and slowly pressured it up to 22 psi where it started normally, and there it was! and it was very loud from outside the truck. Thanks again.