PDA

View Full Version : wrong temperature on mirror

royalglen
01-03-2005, 20:23
With the winter front on in cold weather temperature on mirror registers quite a bit warmer than actual outside temp.I thought i saw some chatter about moving the senser near headlight??? A little help if anyone has any ideas-has the 2005 moved senser at factory?I know the simple answer is 6 mo`s in AZ but who would feed GRIFFIN(dog)

GSXRTURBO1
01-04-2005, 04:12
I think Kennedy's site has something about relocating the sensor

jbplock
01-04-2005, 04:18
As Tom pointed out here is John's picture of the relocated sensor..
(from Kennedy Diesel - Duramax TechTips (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/dmaxtechtips.html))

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/Outside-air-temp-sender_sm.gif

smile.gif

[ 01-04-2005, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]

Kennedy
01-04-2005, 06:04
Originally posted by royalglen:
With the winter front on in cold weather temperature on mirror registers quite a bit warmer than actual outside temp.I thought i saw some chatter about moving the senser near headlight??? A little help if anyone has any ideas-has the 2005 moved senser at factory?I know the simple answer is 6 mo`s in AZ but who would feed GRIFFIN(dog) No it is still in the middle of the grill :rolleyes:

If you look at the lower RH corner of the grill where the bumper cover turns, you'll see a sensor there. I moved my outside temp sensor to the opposite side same location on my 2005. I'll be looking to add to my Tech tips later.

Jorday
01-04-2005, 06:04
yeah, mine does it, too. Only really happens when both covers are in place. I never moved the sensor because I don't use the bumper portion of the cover too much.

pgreen
01-04-2005, 17:12
On my '02 GMC, the grill-only cover made a SIGNIFICANT difference in the temp reading. On my '05 Chevy, it doesn't seem to make anywhere near the difference. I dunno if there's an airflow difference in the GMC vs. Chevy, or a '02 vs. '05 thing. But, it is definately better. Maybe not "right", but definately better.

P