PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal? '04 CC LLY $39K

1949gmc
04-05-2004, 13:18
It has 900 miles on it though. I've asked the dealer to find me a black CC with medium gray int. and they can't find one. They offered me this dark gray one for somewhere around $39,000, but I don't like it because of the mileage. Should I still make them find me a black one for $41K or should I chew them down a bit more on the gray 800 mile one? They haven't been able to give an explanation as to why the miles. Build date says 12/03.

OmniGLH
04-05-2004, 14:00
Originally posted by 1949gmc:
It has 900 miles on it though. I've asked the dealer to find me a black CC with medium gray int. and they can't find one. They offered me this dark gray one for somewhere around $39,000, but I don't like it because of the mileage. Should I still make them find me a black one for $41K or should I chew them down a bit more on the gray 800 mile one? They haven't been able to give an explanation as to why the miles. Build date says 12/03. I would think that you would be able to find one. Al Piemonte Chevy in Dundee found me a Charcoal CC LLY a week ago without any problems - and they had located a few others if I didn't want this one. They found mine at some dealer in Ottawa. Took delivery with 90 miles on it - and most of those miles were the trip from Ottawa to Dundee.

Call Al Piemonte's, ask for Keith or Jason. Tell him Jim Ptak sent you over, he should be able to dig something up for you.

847-426-2000

DMAX4LIFE
04-05-2004, 15:53
What exactly are you looking for? Just wondering why it would be impossible to find. Maybe they just want to get rid of their old inventory.

OC_DMAX
04-05-2004, 16:26
When spending around $40K, you should get what YOU want, not what someone wants to sell you. There is always another truck somewhere.

My two cents worth.

Showgood1
04-05-2004, 19:00
GADZOOKS! 39k with 900mi I wouldn't give them 36k if it was new. I don't know how far you might have to go to find a good deal but that ain't it. My uncle just bought his cc for 36k with 2 wheel drive and a short bed and that was at our local and the worst stealership in 300mi. There is a dealership in Fairfield, Texas selling LS CC 2wd duallys for 32k. If I were you I would shop around more.

DMAX4LIFE
04-06-2004, 05:26
But you are talking 2wds and if he is looking at 4wd's that's not a bad price. Like I said, we need to know what he's looking at so we can all get on the same page.

Heartbeat Hauler
04-06-2004, 07:21
As far as the mileage explanation: The salesman I deal with here has a brother that is the General Manager of the dealership, and every three months he drives a new dually. The old one (3 months old) becomes a "Demo" model and since it has never been licsensed to anyone it is still considered new, therefore, they can sell it at almost list price. 900 miles is nothing to a diesel and 39K for a 4wd CC is not too bad, however I believe with some aggressive negotiation 35-36K is not unreasonable, especially if they are trying to off load this rig. Oh, and check that options list to make sure it has everything else you want, i.e. Trailering package, G80 rear locking diff., cab marker lights, etc.(hmmm, maybe that's what I want :D )Anyways, checking it that may help you decide. BTW, My wife and I ordered an 04 2500 Sub in the Dark Grey Metalic and we think it is a great color.
JP

DmaxMaverick
04-06-2004, 11:55
Another thing to consider.....

A possible reason for the dealer still having it could be the build date. Being 12-03, it has an LB7 engine option, not an LLY. It is also a reason someone that knows the difference wouldn't accept an offer that high. Around $35K would be more reasonable for a demo of older technology. If you don't buy it, the dealer will find a buyer that will put up the cash and never know the difference, or will find out after it's too late.

DATSBAD
04-06-2004, 13:30
i paid 39k for mine after all discounts . mine is a 04 gmc cc/sb 4x4 , slt . the only thing i did not get was the dvd player . i would not pay that for it .

DMAX4LIFE
04-06-2004, 14:23
I wish that he would come back and let us know exactly what kind of truck he is looking at so we can get this cleared up. Oh well I guess.

1949gmc
04-08-2004, 10:07
Sorry for the delay in my response- my wife and kids have been sick and this is the first time that I have been able to get back.

The truck is a 2004 Chevrolet, cc, short bed, 4WD, LT, Dvd, posi, HD trailering package, XM, and spare tire lock. It is dark gray with med gray interior. It is everything that I could want except that I want a black truck. I don't even need the Dvd player. Window sticker is 48,218. The dealership is Raymond Chevy in Antioch, IL. Also, it has a 2 in the eighth digit of the VIN. LLY, right?

I have been wondering if maybe they can't find me the truck that I want because no other dealer wants a truck with this many miles on trade. Dealer has really been pushing this gray one. Every time I talk to them they ask me if I'll consider it.

What do you folks think? What would be an acceptable dollar for this gray truck? If it's low enough I'd probably think about it. I should get a definitive answer as to why so many miles.

Thanks so much for your help and again my apologies for being away so long.

Heartbeat Hauler
04-08-2004, 13:39
Well, "considering" can be a two way street. Tell him you'll consider the gray one if he'll consider dropping the price 5K. How far is Antioc Illnois from Evansville IN (southern tip)? Dealer down here has a bunch of trucks on the lot and he treated me good.
JP

Rockin
04-09-2004, 09:04
Originally posted by 1949gmc:
I have been wondering if maybe they can't find me the truck that I want because no other dealer wants a truck with this many miles on trade. Dealer has really been pushing this gray one. Every time I talk to them they ask me if I'll consider it.
Sounds like they are trying to dump this truck. And, they know you and think they have it sold. Walk away. Go find the truck you want.

Consider not walking onto the dealer's lot. I have personally used (www.fightingchance.com) a couple times and get their price information. However you do it, send a fax to the sales manager with the options you want. Send it to about 10 dealers and then price shop them down to the best price. If it has mile, let them pay for it, not you.

danhercules
04-09-2004, 11:05
I got my new LLY on order, Built 4-5.

Sticker is the same. I paid 39 for it. Thats with 0%, not the cash rebate. I would keep looking, unless you can get it for 35 or less.

but thats just me.