PDA

View Full Version : Attitude monitor and cell phone glitch.

skidsteer loader
04-07-2004, 19:34
Not sure if this happens to anyone else or has been posted before. I have my attitude mounted just above cigarrete lighter on dash, was charging my phone and monitor froze up. At first I was like WTF then I figuered it out. Doesnt freeze instantly but does freeze. Shut truck off, restarted and screen was stuck on "edge products". Moved phone away from monitor, and alls well. Just a bit of info.

Idle_Chatter
04-08-2004, 02:43
I got my Edge/Attitude upgrade in February just a day or so before heading out for a 2 week Florida run. I was stymied by having Attitude problems when I installed the monitor and ran the wire through the firewall grommet. It would alarm and display "nonsense" numbers and the engine would crank but not fire. After talking with John Kennedy and Aaron at Edge, they recommended checking the wiring in the back of the Attitude and the circuit board connections. They looked okay, and I reinstalled it through the fender and all was well. I rerouted the cord through the firewall and all problems returned. To make a long story short - either something in the wiring harness where I route the cable or the Isspro pyro amplifier that's mounted there under my dash does not work and play well with the Attitude. I have my wire routed through the door jamb/fender and that's the way it has to run. The Attitude can definitely have interference problems.

BlueOx03
04-08-2004, 11:54
A friend of mine had the same problem. His would freaze up when his cell would regain it's signal. He moved his cell mount and all's been well since.