PDA

View Full Version : Sierra 2500 Questions - Power & Load Leveling Questions

venenich
04-08-2004, 04:36
Good Morning Gang-

I am a new member, so forgive me for all of the following questions.

Here is my scenario:

2003 Sierra 2500, 6.6 Duramax/Allison, Ext. Cab, SB, 4X4. K&N Filter Approx. 30,000 miles.

I do a lot of towing on weekends of various boat/trailer combinations typically weighing 8,500 - 10,500 lbs. Most of the driving is highway, with some around town. Overall, I am very pleased with the towing capability of the truck. I am considering several upgrades to improve my towing ability. I do however want to be careful about my additions as I do not want to interfere with the remainder of my factory warranty.

- Juice vs. Predator power module with control
- Air bags to level the load (minimal sag currently)on the heavier tounge weighted trailers.

Can you guys help me out with pros/cons of either of these upgrades? I would want something modular that I can unplug when going in for service with regards to the power module. As for the air bags, I would opt for a manual fill rather than an onboard compressor.

Thanks,

More Power
04-09-2004, 14:01
Nick,

Welcome to the TDP BB.

Any performance upgrade that actively alters fueling, injection timing or boost pressure "can" ultimately result in a warranty denial if you have a "by the book" dealer service manager.

You'll find service manager attitudes about aftermarket power products can range from strict adherence to GM policy to actually installing these aftermarket products for their customers. I would recommend a casual discussion with your selling dealer's service manager about this area of truck operation.

Otherwise, just about any of the currently popular power products will likely satisfy your need for more power. Be sure to install gauges to help you protect the engine.

Good luck,

MP

Kennedy
04-12-2004, 06:54
Here's 3k (5 core 6.5 engines) in my bed. I have one extra leaf and a slight re-arch of all leaves except the main. It carries very nicely. and only squats a bit.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/photogal/images/3k%20Load.jpg

Here's a 17k stck of trailers behind:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/photogal/images/Trailer%20stack.jpg

I now have Air Lift bags and Bilstein shocks on the truck as well. I'd definitely recommend these upgrades to help loaded handling. As for power, I prefer the Edge Juice, but those with a more conservative nature will be well served by the Van Aaken Smart Box E...