PDA

View Full Version : Question

DmaxMad
09-19-2005, 11:02
This weekend after pulling around 13,000 lbs for several hours, I shut the truck off for about 20 minutes. When I was ready to take off again as soon as I stepped on the accelerator the truck just went dead twice. After that it was fine. Could this be the Juice responsible or something else? When pulling it ran fine except I seen the temp ease just above 210 on a pretty steep hill for around these parts, (on hwy 71 NW of Austin Tx) but went right back down. Running in level 1 juice.

durachev
09-19-2005, 14:38
If it's a LB7 it's the Juice. It's a problem that will problably only happen to you a few times over a period of several years, but I know several people who experience this. My 03' did it a few times and a friends 03' did it at least once every few months. We were both running the latest software and I don't know that they ever fixed it. I have an 05' now and haven't seen the same issues.

DmaxMad
09-20-2005, 03:56
Thanks. It is an LB7.

oyazi
09-20-2005, 06:10
Have seen quite a few discussions re this very same thing. Apparently the heat soak after shut down, combined w/its hot running processor is common for the LB7s. In discussion w/Edge tech, they are aware & working it and should have a fix/update out shortly. Depending who spoke w/edge ~ when, it may be a hw update or sw update. Shortly also depends. Some claims were told about a month ~ others (incl watashi-wa) were assured definately before the next hot season (summer). Based on this assurance, their 2yr HW guarranty and life SW guaranty ~ I went ahead and ordered one out. Almost everyone gets an immediately exchange after such an episolde.
Going into this knowing there's an issue ~ I'd hold off until the upgrade/fix is avail ~ BUT if it craps in the middle of a busy intersection ~ or causes and accident ~ I may not be so understanding.