PDA

View Full Version : got guages???

PBR
12-19-2002, 13:16
does anybody have the "got guages" install article that they can send me, or any other guage install instructions. i am installing my autometer guages this weekend and i went to get the article and the website was just updated. if you could either e-mail them to me or fax them it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, ollie.
pbr803@attbi.com
310.477.8827 fax (please put my name on it)

More Power
12-19-2002, 13:52
Please visit this link:

http://www.TheDieselPage.com/copyrite.htm

MP

PBR
12-19-2002, 16:10
MORE POWER - i apologize!!! i am just looking for some instuctions on how to install my guages. i am a dieselpage member and i was going to print my one copy but was unable to before the website was changed. once again i apologize, it wasn't my intention to break any rules.

ollie.

Oongawah
12-19-2002, 22:33
Hi PBR,

I have the Autometer pillar mount. As far as that thread went on the guages I am going off memory. kennedydiesel.com has instructions for installing the probe in his tips section. I went with a clamp on probe for my exhaust but would feel better with the NPT fitting in the manifold. I put a 'T' in the wastegate actuator hose for my boost guage(Simple). Hope this helps, Chuck.

PBR
12-19-2002, 23:19
thanks chuck, i will check out kennedy's info.

ollie.

hoot
12-20-2002, 08:38
Sounds like we could use a way of accessing the older articles in a members only area. Raise the membership fee a bit to compensate for unsold paper copies.

Idle_Chatter
12-20-2002, 10:45
Here's my previous thread on my install in November, also some good input from Hoot:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004638&p=

PBR, having just done my install recently a couple of "tips." Things went pretty much "by the numbers" but beware of the open frame hole under the exhaust manifold that ate my pipe tap - I suggest a rag over the frame rail just in case. The two things that gave me the biggest problem were locating the interior paint and tapping the power. Paint I covered in the other thread. For some reason, there's a *ton* of available electical taps for ATC fuses, but I had a heck of time finding pieces for our DMax "Mini" fuses, or ATM. I wound up trimming a pair of ATC "Add-a-taps" with dykes and jamming them into the fuseblock on my ATM fuses. Worked, but I wasn't happy with the situation and found and ordered off the internet a pair of tap-blocks that plug into the fuse socket and hold two fuses (one for the original and one for the add-on circuit) with a pig-tail for the added output. They were expensive, $14 each, but make for a much cleaner and more secure tap into the "Illum" and "IGN1" circuits for the lighting and power to the pyro. I had queasy feelings for the several days that I drove around with the jammed-in taps of a short circuit out in the boonies taking out my dash lights (bad) or my ignition circuit (VERY BAD)! :eek: That's all I can think of, let me know if you have any more questions.

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: Idle_Chatter ]</p>

PBR
12-20-2002, 11:25
tom - thanks for everything!!!

ollie.

Jimmy O
12-20-2002, 11:28
Hey, Tom what web site did order the fuse taps with a spot for an extra fuse. Thanks smile.gif

Idle_Chatter
12-20-2002, 11:37
Jimmy O, here's the page, scroll down to "Circuit Tap Adapters" and the one you need is the FH-ATOM-10A. Like I said, not cheap, my pair came out to $35.05 with S/H. They were real responsive and got them right to me, though.

http://www.electerm.com/holder.html

Outfit is: Electrical Terminal Service, Inc
4238 Edgeland
Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-2233 (-5630, FAX)
Oops! Found a toll-free!: (800) 549-2258

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: Idle_Chatter ]</p>

Tinbender
12-20-2002, 13:01
Got the add-a-curcuit from my local parts store for $7.95 under the Bussman part number "BP/HHH"

Idle_Chatter
12-20-2002, 14:32
Yeah, I hear you , Tinbender! I bought one of the oversized ATO (not ATC as I earlier posted) Busman items, too. Then I found out that the Max is Mini (ironic, no?) I only paid $7.95 for that one, too. I could not find mini-sized ones in over a dozen stops here in the MD/PA/DE corner, though. I thought that the internet price seemed steep, but at that point I was willing to pay to get it done right.