PDA

View Full Version : surging idle is fixed i think

rdanley
01-06-2005, 14:25
well folks i have been having the surging problem ever since i bought the truck in august. anyway i have had all of th updates that thier is and still had the same problem well last week i took the truck back to dealer and they found that the injection pump was not regulating the fuel correctly. well truck went to shop yesterday for replacement pump and i got it back today. i have been driving all over today with out any issues so maybe for the folks that is having this problem this is another place to look at after all else fails. :D

madmatt
01-06-2005, 17:20
glad you got your truck fixed, but did your dealer ever pull the fuel press. reg to see if it was contaminated? proper procedure is to remove and inspect the fpr, and only then if there is contamination found should the pump be replaced for surging. also you should R&R the fuel filter w/ pump replacement. this is a fairly common problem and should have been found @ the dealer @ the first visit if your dealer has a competent diesel tech. there is a TSB on this concern.

DMAXED
01-06-2005, 18:19
I had the same problem on my 01 it would surge at idle and at red lights in drive . the dealer replaced the fuel pressure regulator and that was the problem the truck has ran fine since the fix.

rdanley
01-07-2005, 06:55
for the way i understood the fuel reg is built into the injection pump on the 04.5 lly????

madmatt
01-07-2005, 16:37
sorry, i was still in the LB7 state of mind in my last posting. Honestly I haven't had to dig deep enough to even see the LLY pump yet much less checked out the FPR setup. Heck, haven't done much of anything to the LLY yet. they've been holding up real good so far.