PDA

View Full Version : CA emmisions conversion

2L MAN
04-08-2004, 22:02
I am very intersted in coverting my CA emmisions '03 to 48 state emmisions. I live in oregon and it is not necesary. I don't think recurculating a hot inert gas can help power or egt's. The cat is long gone, but I read there is also a vaccuum pump, not found on fed trucks? Is there a computer differnce? What does the valving on top of the fuel filter housing do? can the egr be blocked off, or is a new turbo outlet needed. I realize it won't help my warranty. Please help, any info would be greatly appreciated

More Power
04-09-2004, 14:11
I would guess that a federal emissions ECM program might work. However, any changes made would likely be frowned on by the feds, and your powertrain warranty could be in jeopardy.

Have you noticed a power or fuel economy difference from what others are reporting here?

MP

2L MAN
04-09-2004, 21:24
I had an '02 withe federal emmisions, and my '03 is CA. It seemed like it did have more power and lower egt's all things beeing equal. Lower emmisions surely can't mean power. My warranty is already hurt with injectors,among everything else. And I would have to perorm the mods, which I can do, I would just like to know what exactly is different, and then decide.