PDA

View Full Version : WEEK ONE!!!

hogbody
12-19-2002, 19:23
I just completed my first week of DURAMAX ownership. Whew!!! What a truck. I now have 781 miles and the computer mileage indicator shows 17.8 mpg for the first tank. I haven't had a chance to check if the computer is accurate or not.

I'm impressed with the performance, comfort, and the gadgets and gizmo's on this vehicle. I hope they all continue to work for a long time.

As a new diesel guy I am trying to learn thru research in this forum maintenace schedules, what filters, oil and other accessories I need (or want)!

I have installed mud flaps, Weston boards, Line x bedliner and will have my Snug Top canopy installed tomorrow (The old one from the '97 Z71 EC fits and was just repainted)

Bear with me as I will have many questions....I'll try to search the answers out before I ask.

I will be driving the rig for work and for pulling my 29 ft. 7,000 lb trailer.

2003 LT CC SB White/Tan, Westin Running Boards

LARRY 9 (GO DUCKS) tongue.gif

BLUMAX
12-20-2002, 01:03
Congrats on the new machine hogbody !! I still have that "DURMAX Grin" after alomst a year and just over 13,000 on my bad boy. The wait was surely worth it. You'll find lots of info here, the folks are just great, me being a first time dezul dude also I had some pretty dumb questions and uncertanty, but they always come through. Short or long trips or pullin' the 5th wheel, it's just amazing, so enjoy smile.gif And glad to see another web-footed Orygonean on here! Folks from around the country still can't figure out how we pronounce our state. LOL

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: BLU MAX ]

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: BLU MAX ]</p>