PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the New Jersey Area Upgrading Their Exhaust?

TurboDiverArt
09-22-2005, 05:16
Hi All,

Sorry for the cross-forum post, I put it in the 6.5 section first. Has anyone recently upgraded or plan to upgrade their Duramax exhaust and doesn't want/need their stock tailpipe anymore? I'd like to put it on my 6.5TD to replace the stock crappy 2.75" tailpipe. Just figured if you were going to throw it away I'd pick it up or pay for shipping.

Thanks,
Art.

tanker
09-23-2005, 02:11
Just did mine last month, but not sure if I just want to throw it away. I still have the original 95 6.5 suburban exhaust in my garage. Seems the 05 D-Max exhaust has some $$$ value. Its very long, one piece, welded assembly, from flange back including muffler and tail pipe. I also have the downpipe with the kitty kat. smile.gif

TurboDiverArt
09-23-2005, 05:00
Originally posted by tanker:
Just did mine last month, but not sure if I just want to throw it away. I still have the original 95 6.5 suburban exhaust in my garage. Seems the 05 D-Max exhaust has some $$$ value. Its very long, one piece, welded assembly, from flange back including muffler and tail pipe. I also have the downpipe with the kitty kat. smile.gif I didn't know it had a dollar value to it.

Art.

JD Diesel
09-23-2005, 14:44
wish I would have know that just cut mine up and put in recycle bin JD :(

JD Diesel
09-23-2005, 14:47
tanker are you throwing any codes with out kitty kat. If not what did you do to correct? JD :D

oyazi
09-23-2005, 19:19
held onto mine for a yr ~ then hauled it to the dump.

tanker
09-24-2005, 07:17
No codes yet, I have Federal emissions, not North East, or California.
Hope to add the Edge w/attitude soon, just to give me an edge on things! :D
As to the value on the stock exhaust, sure it has value. You never know when someone will back into something and bend it or run over something. Thats abot $800.00 new from GM, so I'll hold on to it for now. I kind of save a lot of stuff-junk, etc. Goodness knows why, but I do. ;)