PDA

View Full Version : Grille Cover

Oongawah
12-19-2002, 23:31
I noticed a big power difference with the cover on in this cooler weather. It ranged from 27 to 51 degrees here today. It must really make a difference for those of you in the real cold areas. I can see however where this cover will cause damage to the parts it rubs against. Does anyone know of an alternative to this cover other than cardboard between the grille and radiator? TIA, Chuck.

rtquig
12-20-2002, 06:33
Look at the pics of John Kennedy's truck.

XTOCAK
12-20-2002, 17:49
I too have the factory weatherfront for my truck but after seeing some of the damage it did this past winter to other Duramax trucks, I went with the Lunds. These are the same as Mr. Kennedy has on his rig at www.kennedydiesel.com but his are stainless and mine are black plexiglas type material. I know that mine are more prone to breaking should a rock hit them but that's all my local dealer had in stock when the cold weather hit.

They go on very easily and come off just as easily without worrying about damaging your bright silver parts. I just keep my weatherfronts under the rear seat in the event I take a trip to Fairbanks and need the lower set for the bumper. Temps can be a little harsh on diesels in Fairbanks this time of year, don't cha know.;)

hoot
12-20-2002, 18:07
I just picked up the stainless screen front from Lund. It's got a ton of slots in it and is the exact same as the cold front except for the slots. My thinking is I can put something behind it now and use it summer and winter. Mines a GMC. Haven't seen any pictures yet so I'll see if i can get around to it soon.

Oongawah
12-21-2002, 00:45
Wow thanks for the info all. I'll get check it out right away. C-ya :)