PDA

View Full Version : Juice / Attitude

NETMINDER
10-02-2003, 09:18
Where does the incab piece get mounted?

Kennedy
10-02-2003, 10:36
In time I'm sure that there will be many creative ways to mount it. They are just hitting the streets this week! ;)

20050528|8|000731|000000|205.188.117.71
10-02-2003, 10:57
I just got my first shipment of Edge Juice with the Attitude monitors. These things are awesome! To answer your question, there is a bracket that mounts to the pillar and has an arm that extends out to hold the monitor. It is fine, but I think there will be better ideas to come from people doing custom installs in the dash or somewhere else.

The following parameters can be displayed on the main screen with a maximum of 4 at one time;

Boost
EGT (exhaust gas temperature)
RPM
% Engine Load
Engine Temperature
Gear
Speed
Throttle Position
Torque Converter Clutch Status
Torque Converter Clutch Slippage
Percent of back down due to high EGT

That is just what you can watch. The backlight can be adjusted from high, low, or off. It will do performance test of 0-60 MPH times and

NETMINDER
10-02-2003, 12:00
sounds like it's worth the jing $$$$

NETMINDER
10-02-2003, 12:02
Hey look at that we're all from sconsin ... huh!

DMAX Daddy
10-02-2003, 12:39
Im my 03, I plan on mounting it like a 'door' on the left side of the bottom Cubby in my dash (the about 8 in wide by 2 in tall x 6 in deep one). Then I can poke a very small hole in the back, and run the cable out through the firewall.

Dealer time, pull the juice, disconnect the monitor and pull the cable back through. I have my firewall connection in easy reach, should take but a few minutes.

Thass IF I like it there. tongue.gif

MAV
10-02-2003, 13:05
Hey look at that we're all from sconsin ... huh!
Figures, a guy from Cali would screw it up. :confused:

JK....we're all bating for the same team. :D

Might have to try that Attitude if I get to GL Dragway.

DMAX Daddy
10-02-2003, 14:57
Active Duty Military, being held here against my will! :D

I'd even move to Wisconsin to get out of here! ;)

Ill order my Attitude once I send my Juice in for update. By then my Predator problems should be ironed out so I wont be totally without power.

Sneaks
10-02-2003, 16:49
Dmax Daddy you'll need Attitude Proof of Purchase before they'll upgrade your present Juice, though the way it's going we may be looking at upgrades for Christmas presents. :(

Oxnard? My first hitch in the Navy was at Port Hueneme. Lots where the marina is now were $500 a pop back then.

steve700edgex
10-02-2003, 17:11
got my combo today. line going from attitude to juice is not all that long so mounting may be limited. my question is this, like previous thread how to change the power levels unless the low boost is the power levels? who would want more smoke withno benefit. my power level according to the upper left never changes and always reads 1! going to try the arrow buttons

steve700edgex
10-02-2003, 17:18
ok went out to the truck and that what changes the power level is the arrow key funny that isnt mentioned in the directions now ive got to go retest because I couldnt figure what all the fusss was about cause I could only tell a slight improvement from stock I was guessing the low boost was the diff levels :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nixter
10-02-2003, 17:28
Does it come with it's own pyro probe?

Is it compatible with any common probe?

What about boost, does it steal that info from the ECM or does read it like a guage?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

--Nick ;)

steve700edgex
10-02-2003, 17:31
power level 1 0/60 in 8.3 sec now I found level five 7.0 :D :eek: redface.gif :eek:

DMAX Daddy
10-02-2003, 18:01
Sneaks,
$500 for a lot? add 3 zeros now for just the land, let alone the house on it! Houses near the marina are $2,000,000 at least, and that only gets you 1800 sq ft or so. Of course, it isnt too different from Encinitas.

Proof of Purchase? I'll buy one as soon as they put out the way to get the old ones redone. Sure looks like Christmas if thats the case. :( :( :(

Kennedy
10-02-2003, 18:47
Originally posted by Sneaks:
Dmax Daddy you'll need Attitude Proof of Purchase before they'll upgrade your present Juice, though the way it's going we may be looking at upgrades for Christmas presents. :(

I believe this is NOT the case lasyt I heard. Sounds like any module will be upgraded N/C...

Probe mounts in 1/8" NPT so if you have 1/4" NPT just bush it down. Still waiting on reply as to grounded/ungrounded probe. Guess I'll have to check.

Trippin
10-02-2003, 20:16
Steve,
Did the number in the upper left change with the power level?

Kennedy
10-03-2003, 05:01
For those without a functioning Attitude in hand, the lower picture here:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=276

shows a screen simulation in the 4 function bar graph mode. The level is in the upper RH corner, and will adjust on the fly with the up and down arrows. You will also still get the confirmation blips when shifting P-R-N-P...

Sneaks
10-03-2003, 06:22
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sneaks:
Dmax Daddy you'll need Attitude Proof of Purchase before they'll upgrade your present Juice, though the way it's going we may be looking at upgrades for Christmas presents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's reply.
I believe this is NOT the case last I heard. Sounds like any module will be upgraded N/C...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D Wasn't talkin about the cost, JK. Was grumbling/speculating about when Edge might finally get it's feces in a bundle and the upgrade path starts rolling smoothly. :rolleyes:
Hurry up and wait is familiar to anybody who spent time in a DMV line or the military but it's never fun. Fun is giving Ford drivers heartburn!

Edit update: From the Edge Products forum, they expect to be rolling by November 1, on the upgrades!

[ 10-03-2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Sneaks ]

NETMINDER
10-03-2003, 08:13
Can I ask you guys where your getting the Juice/Attitude and what kind prices these places are offering?

Trippin
10-03-2003, 09:23
I couldn't wait for the upgrade. So I ordered a new combination Attitude and Hot Juice. Arrived yesterday. Woo Hoo!

I set the tire size to 2618.4cm based on Edges suggetion for my 285/75/16 BFGs.

Adjusting the power level is very easy to do on the fly by just pressing the the up and down arrows while watching the main display screen. The little number in the upper right hand corner changes from 0-5 to designate power level. Just for fun I did this at a part throttle cruise and you can really feel the difference in the motor's Attitude.

The low boost fuel adjustment is pretty neat. Gotta keep the Greenies in CA happy! At least while their looking. ;)

My best 0-60 run with a full tank of fule was 7.3 sec. Max boost showed approx. 21.0

All in all worth the money and wait. IMHO
:D :D

NETMINDER
10-03-2003, 10:15
Am I gonna have to get a tranny upgrade if I get this thing?

Trippin
10-03-2003, 13:12
Netminder,
It has an adjustment for defueling the tranny during shifts. No Defuel(read kill tranny).
Defuel 4-5 shift. (intermediate)
Defuel all shifts. (safe)

steve700edgex
10-03-2003, 13:36
I thought i bought the reg juice, but I can change up to the five diff levels so are all the new boxes w/ the hot setting. got mine from 2d's performance in louisiana did a net search only ones with them in stock on sunday $848

[ 10-03-2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: steve700edgex ]

Buck
10-03-2003, 14:39
JK,
What are the levels with reg Attitude vs. Hot Attitude? Where does the Attitude get its boost reading from? When I get back from Wyoming in a couple weeks I'll be gettin' one. ;) :D :D

Kennedy
10-03-2003, 14:52
Reg= 40,60,75,90,125

Comp= 60,75,90,125,145

Boost is from the datastream, and cannot display in excess of 26 psi or so.

Inspector
10-03-2003, 17:19
Question: Once the juice and Attitude are installed, is all you have to do is arrow up or down to change the power level? or is there all the key on engine off foot stooping to do as well?
Denny

Trippin
10-03-2003, 18:16
Just arrow up or down any time you feel like it.

Inspector
10-03-2003, 18:39
I just went out and tried it. Awsome. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

maxinDixon
10-03-2003, 18:45
Originally posted by Inspector:
I just went out and tried it. Awsome. :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) Stock for now as your signature says? haha.
Just got mine today. Tomorrow is play time! :D

NETMINDER
10-06-2003, 04:17
Just ordered mine. Just want to clarify 1 thing though. It sounds as though the best thing to do is drive around at each level for a couple days before adjusting levels. Is this correct ???

maxinDixon
10-06-2003, 06:05
Installed my juice/attitude on Friday. Works great except that after the 2nd startup, the check engine light stays on. Turns out to be p0489 dtc error code (egr something...). Went to Nick's place and he was kind enough to read and clear the codes. Just for kicks we put the unit on his '02 and the same thing happened. Perhaps edge didn't take into account cali trucks for their 4.73 version. This code was set with and without the attitude hooked up.