PDA

View Full Version : How soon before 360 hp Duramax available?

JasonsSS
09-22-2005, 21:11
Does anybody know how soon the 360 horse duramaxes will be showing up at dealerships? All the dealerships I've inquired at have no idea. They also say that they can't even price one out yet, as they haven't received pricing from GM. (this was according to Dave Smith Motors).

Jason

LeroyR
09-23-2005, 06:17
Probably right after the Employee Discount ends. ;)

More Power
09-23-2005, 09:48
Word was that truck production with the LBZ was supposed to begin around the middle of this month. It takes a while before those first trucks begin showing up on dealer lots.

The 2006 GM pickup brochure says "Late fall" for the new engine.

Jim

TUBE KING
09-26-2005, 19:02
Talked to my dealer today on the LBZ and he claims the power package discount for the Dmax, about 780bucks is gone. That may be the increase they are talking about at least at first. His opinion is they may reinstate it after the LBZ excitment wears off. Also its his opinion that we "the buyers" shouldnt get too caught up in the employee discount stuff, that there will be plenty of "special offers" comming just wait. Grumble grumble ya just cant get people on the lot without the heavy discounts, even more so now with the fuel prices. Sound good to me.

Curt B.
09-27-2005, 19:19
I was on gmbuypower.com today to build my own 2500HD. The heavy duty power package is listed with the LBZ, Allison 6-speed and G80 locking differential. They also list the LLY as an engine option if you don't choose the power package. There is a discount on the power package when you get to the summary page.
Curt