PDA

View Full Version : fuel level sensor

drgracr
04-15-2004, 15:38
Priced out a fuel level sending unit today and dealer wants $630.00 CDN for the part. They say the sensor is not available seperatly and must come with the whole fuel tank module, I find that to be a lot of money considering there isn't even a pump in there.
Question is does anyone know if the level sensor has 2 or 3 contact points where it rides on the sensor?

More Power
04-15-2004, 16:01
I haven't seen a sender out of a tank yet, but the wiring diagram shows that the sender is listed as reading 40 ohms at empty and 250 ohms when the tank is full.

You can read the resistance by checking the purple and orange/black wire connections of connector C152, located beneath the underhood junction panel. A photo of this connector can be found in a recent Power Project update.

MP

Kennedy
04-16-2004, 05:35
2 wires, 2 strips, but each contact has like 3 fingers. This could be for reduncdancy or to reduce drag, or even to allow particles to pass through.

The board is TINY at about 3/4" wide and 1.5" long.

drgracr
04-16-2004, 15:20
I have in front of me a level sensor from another GM vehicle, going to check the resistance and it also has two strips on the board with 3 fingers on each terminal... I think this could be good news smile.gif best of all its free.
thanks guys, I'll post the outcome
Paul

Aluminator
04-17-2004, 05:31
You might try these guys. They work on them day in and out.

http://www.transferflow.com/index.html

Dennis

drgracr
04-17-2004, 18:33
I though about sending it to transferflow for repair, but shipping it to California through customs with the shipper is just a bit too much.

I measured the resistance of the level sensor infront of me... 40 empty 250 full.. I going to put this one in once the tank gets near empty and I have time.