PDA

View Full Version : Stuck "Change Oil" Light

Idle_Chatter
10-04-2003, 04:07
I've got a new one, and just now getting a chance to post since I've been doing mucho moving/trailering lately. As I was getting near time to do my 67,500 mile oil change, *bingo* on the interstate between Ohio to Maryland dragging my trailer, the Change Engine Oil light comes on - right on schedule at 67,280, about 7,600 miles since my last change. Problem is, this is the first time that the light has activated in over a year since I've installed the Juice module. I've been shifting my Juice on nearly a weekly basis lately as I shift it to level 4 for empty driving, level 3 for pulling the empty trailer, and level 2 for pulling the loaded trailer. Juice level changes without a hitch, so I know that the accelerator positiion module is not an issue. I CAN'T clear the dang change oil light! :( I've tried a dozen times, both cold and hot, in Park and Neutral. Only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting the Juice and trying to reset the durn thing! Anyone seem to have this problem? With all the moving, I'm getting pretty close to the 75,000 mile oil and filter, but it's a PITA to think that I'll have to remove the juice to clear this stupid warning light - Maybe it's telling me I need a new Juice with Attitude? ;)

MAV
10-04-2003, 04:24
My 3500 was the same.....I even disconected the juice. Nothing worked. I even took it to the dealer and used a Tech 2....still didn't reset. Don't know why, don't care, don't have it anymore anyway. The new owner is my service writer at my old dealership so we'll see if he figures it out.

Idle_Chatter
10-04-2003, 05:18
Thanks for the input, Mav, sorry to hear that it's not fixable, but I've already begun to ignore it. I've got the "Low Washer Fluid" coming in now too, at least that one is an easy fix! :D How's it going in Wasau? I guess you're going to be a regular when Kennedy gets the new shop and dyno running, eh? Have a few Points, some curds and a brat for me! ;)

MAV
10-04-2003, 20:48
;)