PDA

View Full Version : Power levels for reg and tow/haul...

SparkyTX
04-18-2004, 15:47
Is the Juice the only module that permits you to set different power levels for regular and tow/haul modes?

I am trying to decide which power "chip" to get. I like the tuners that give the ability to adjust for tire size as well as power output. But I like the Juice's ability to have a regular mode and another mode for tow/haul.

Thoughts everyone?

DmaxMaverick
04-18-2004, 19:28
Yes. You are correct. The Juice is the only one with option of the T/H power settings. There are, however, other "boxes" that allow for in-cab power selection not connected to the T/H button, including the Juice (with Attitude).

I understand your desire for the "shift on the fly" ability. I went through the same delema. The Predator won out with the whole package. Tire size adjustment (285/75/16), DTC management, real time data, and power settings similar to the top (non comp) boxes. I've been very please with it. I hear that Hypertech is a good product, but doesn't compare with power options, as well as the diagnostic features of the Predator. The Hypertech is $50 less, though. Well worth the difference, IMO. Also, the Predator is the fastest of the programmers. It takes less than a minute to change tunes.

The Edge Juice was the runner up in my comparison without a doubt.

Kennedy
04-19-2004, 07:58
The non Attitude Juice lets you switch with T/H. The Attitude overrides this, but allows easy level changes with a button push. The VA Smart Box E allows switch on the fly (manual switch) as well.